Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sound detect issue

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
janejn84
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-free Camera a couple of weeks ago. Very happy with the video quality, the lens view, and the night vision. Satisfied with the motion detection too.

But it does not pick up any sound outside, despite the fact that my neighbors can be chatting loud and clearly, right near the doorbell.

I have checked the sound settings on my device, and both microphone, speaker and speaker volume are at 100% in the settings.

My doorbell speaker picks up sound only when spoken directly into my doorbell/speaker.

Can someone please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The doorbells don't provide audio detection, just motion. I suppose that may partly be due to the possibility of too much extraneous noise for many installations but I have no idea whether that's true.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you trying to get recordings based on audio detection? That has to be enabled in your modes and rules. Do your recordings have audio?

janejn84
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, but I thought the video doorbell picked up sound/voice activity outside my door too.

It captures movement and sound when physical activity in front of the camera. But I thought the camera picked up when only sound activity too. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The doorbells don't provide audio detection, just motion. I suppose that may partly be due to the possibility of too much extraneous noise for many installations but I have no idea whether that's true.

janejn84
Aspirant
Aspirant

That makes sense. Thanks for the help 🙂

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation