Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2K v HD What is the difference?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
annos1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to purchase a wireless doorbell camera but I cannot find an explanation as to what 2K is.  I assume HD is high definition.  What is the difference?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@annos1 wrote:

Is there any reason you might choose the lower resolution v. the higher resolution?

Higher resolution will show more details.

On the other hand, if you play back the recordings from a PC browser, the 2K/4K videos won't play on a old PC (~2015 or older), so you'd need to download them and play them in VLC or a similar software player. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@annos1 wrote:

I want to purchase a wireless doorbell camera but I cannot find an explanation as to what 2K is.  I assume HD is high definition.  What is the difference?

HD: 1920x1080 resolution

2K: 2560x1440 resolution

4K: 2840x2160 resolution

annos1
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, the resolution is different.  Is there any reason you might choose the lower resolution v. the higher resolution? They are both the same price.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@annos1 wrote:

Is there any reason you might choose the lower resolution v. the higher resolution?

Higher resolution will show more details.

On the other hand, if you play back the recordings from a PC browser, the 2K/4K videos won't play on a old PC (~2015 or older), so you'd need to download them and play them in VLC or a similar software player. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation