Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

sick of these stupid 15 second recordings and missing half of the footage.. Arlo's documentation is absolute garbage so is anyone able to confirm for me.. if I set the recording for 2 minutes.. if the activity is longer or if it detects movement within that 2 minutes.. does recording window reset / extend the recording time? 

And if it doesn't detect movement within that 2 minutes does it keep recording or does the recording cut off?

I want it to keep recording... 

Best answers
  • jguerdat
    Guru
    Guru

@demannu wrote:

oh sigh..... so if its set to fixed 2 mins it doesn't actually record for 2 mins.. it will only record for up to 2 mins if motion is continuously detected ?

A timed recording only requires that motion is detected to start the recording. Then it just keeps recording regardless of whether motion exists.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@demannu wrote:

I want it to keep recording... 

Then I suggest using "until motion stops".

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Otherwise, there's a brief reset period (<10 seconds typically) and the camera will start a new recording. However, both this recording as well as the "record until motion stops" setting requires that the CAMERA actually be able to detect that motion is occurring.

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

thats part of my problem - it's set to that but it cuts out the second they're out of the detection zone.. I was kinda hoping if I set it to record record for a fixed length of time I will atleast get the 2 minutes theyre outside of the detection zone and if they came back in it would reset the time for another 2 mins etc.. 

demannu
Apprentice
Apprentice

oh sigh..... so if its set to fixed 2 mins it doesn't actually record for 2 mins.. it will only record for up to 2 mins if motion is continuously detected ?

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why not change the setting and go test it ?  I understand you hoped someone cou;d just tell you but testing yourself maybe quicker .

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@demannu wrote:

A timed recording only requires that motion is detected to start the recording. Then it just keeps recording regardless of whether motion exists.

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation