Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Before last app update, every once in a while, the Arlo iOS app would report that my base station and cameras were offline, even though everything was up and running. After a few seconds, the app would cycle back to online mode.

After last app update, there is a lot of "Your device is not connected" errors, all the time. And it takes forever for it to cycle back to correct online mode. This is very frustrating when something is going on outside, and you can´t access a live video feed, when everything is connected and up and running.

238 REPLIES 238
tesram
Guide
Guide

uninstalled and then reinstalled the app again but got the same result - the problem continues. PLEASE FIX THIS!

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
What a surprise!! I thought my app is getting glitchy, which cameras saying non contactable on random cameras off the same base station, then live viewing others turns them back on for a while, same cameras show gone on partners phone.

Then thing I bet they have done an ‘upgrade’ and low and behold the latest iOS app is saying 19th Aug. Right when I started having problems!! Do you guys every actually do any beta testing before you release an update!!?!?!? For a premium subscription service it’s shocking compared to an ever growing market that don’t charge an utter fortune!
Nickmit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this problem since the latest update, however my partner is not. I have an iphone 6 and am on the most up to date IOS version which is 12.4.8. for that model phone. My partner has an iphone 7 and the up to date version for her is IOS 13.6.1

Could this be something to do with the problem?

MrEngenic
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have iPhone 8 version 13.6.1 and I have this problem
Nickmit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Materhead66
Tutor
Tutor

I updated to latest Arlo software version 2.19.2 and all is working again.  They also pushed out new firmware to 3 of my Pro cameras.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be fixed on the the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is 2.19.2. Make sure to update to the latest version if you haven't done so already. You can read more about the latest version here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19.2 - 26th August 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

Hollyhawk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not fixed
Tmat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not fixed
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Hollyhawk and Tmat,

I've sent you a private message to gather more information from you.

Mick12
Apprentice
Apprentice
2.19.2 updated this morning

Still not fixed. Cameras not connected when I open the app. Here we go again Arlo. Finally working after all the geofencing issues and now back to problems.
MrEngenic
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is not fixed for me either. Seems even worse now
MrEngenic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Directly after updating and opening app not working. Restarting app, not working. Restarting iPhone, not working. It worked when I activated cameras (after a minute)
Mick12
Apprentice
Apprentice
None of that worked for. Same symptoms as before the update.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Mick12 and MrEngenic,

ravives
Tutor
Tutor

Ever since iPhone version 2.19 was released, I have not been able to access all my cameras live and I get a message that my cameras are off line, however when there is an event that triggers a notification, I get that on my phone but can't watch live what is happening and need to wait for the recording to finish and then see what happened. The same cameras consistently show off line all the time.

When I use the desktop web portal access, all cameras are there and working fine ( meaning I can select on any camera and see live video if needed ).

I opened case # 41880549 back on 8/20, two failed app releases ever since ( 2.19.1 and 2.19.2 ) and the problem still persists, even after following all of  Arlo's support team troubleshooting recommendations.

I have tried on (3) different iPhones with the exact same failing result.

My setup consists of (2) Base stations for a total of (7) cameras: Arlo, Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2.

This problem can easily become a more serious one as Arlo cameras are one of the layers I use for safety and security of my home and family and so far, there is no fix or timeline for a fix.

I have requested Arlo to let me know how to install v2.18 or earlier but the answer has been there is no way to do that.

Not pleased with Arlo.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ravives,

steamyb
Guide
Guide

Guess what ..... yes another Arlo quick release that hasn’t fixed the issue.

Not working here either 2.19.2 build 993 

This is getting ridiculous hope we are going to be compensated for this.
Just goes to show what a complete incompetent company Arlo is. I think your app development cabinet needs a reshuffle. 

ravives
Tutor
Tutor

No, it is not fixed.

Neither v2.19.1 nor v2.19.2 fixed this problem

ravives
Tutor
Tutor

And I replied.  It would've been a courtesy to inform me in your private message that my report was going to be consolidated with this message series.

#notHappyWithArlo

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you to everyone who mentioned that the issue is still occuring. We've informed the development team about this and they're investigating the reports about this again. We'll be sure to provide any new information when we hear back from the development team. We appreciate your patience once again.

lenard777
Star
Star

Netgear is the company who is incompetent. Had the same problem back when I tried to use Netgear modems and their lan cards for my computers. Their support was absolutely horrible, finally just threw away all their modems I owned, could never get them to work consistently.

Dlo5
Aspirant
Aspirant
2.19.2 still broken
lenard777
Star
Star

Another issue with Arlo cameras is that I have giant tortoises and because they move slowly, the cameras do NOT pick up any motion when they walk around their pens. It picks up my little chickens and me but not the tortoises. The response to when I get a notice about any motion is so delayed that someone could have stolen my animals and be long gone before I would be alerted about it. Very poorly designed software. They need some intelligent IT team developers.

Phatle2383
Aspirant
Aspirant
This did not fix me issue either