Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Before last app update, every once in a while, the Arlo iOS app would report that my base station and cameras were offline, even though everything was up and running. After a few seconds, the app would cycle back to online mode.

After last app update, there is a lot of "Your device is not connected" errors, all the time. And it takes forever for it to cycle back to correct online mode. This is very frustrating when something is going on outside, and you can´t access a live video feed, when everything is connected and up and running.

238 REPLIES 238
t_welcome
Star
Star
I have the same issue. In the past two weeks or so, I notice I’m not getting any alerts from Arlo. I go into the app and it says its offline. WTF
Dlo5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. "Your device is not connected" message appearing for all my cameras as soon as I updated the Arlo app to V2.19 (iOS)
Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi. Over the last week every time I check my app on iPhone all of my cameras show as “your device is not connected”
Another update and another problem
telly0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pulled out the ladder, disconnected the battery on both Ultra cameras, reconnected the batteries, and they finally reconnected. Even though both have an AC source, one battery had 0% charge, the other 5% charge. It appears that something caused these cameras to lock up, not take a charge, and drain the battery. Hopefully this doesn't repeat itself.

Dlo5
Aspirant
Aspirant
That won’t help. It will go back to saying it’s disconnected next time you reopen the app
MrEngenic
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. When the Arlo app is down I view live feed on Homekit which always works. Live feed comes up faster and much less delay in the feed as well. I also have a Google nest hub and it works also, but not as consistant as homekit. An advantage is that both those options work with voice control to open the live feed.
MrEngenic
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have now connected ifttt and Pushover apps to send notifications to my devices with high priority when my Arlo cameras detect motion. I can then open homekit (manuellt or with Siri), view live feed and talk through the loudspeaker. Arlo records even though app is down. This is a more safe and effective way than using the Arlo app since the Arlo app is so hit and miss if it Will start. Now I just have to figure out how to open the live feed automatically...
HuskerDemon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Uninstall the app, then reinstall. Worked for me. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Same here works fine now after a force close but I do that often. I had the problem when first updated. 

tompat2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing the same thing but only on iPhone app. It started after the last update of mobile app. If I log in to the website it doesn't have the problem. Arlo needs to be made aware and to resolve this immediately

ConorF_IRE
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

ever since this update happened on my iphone the cameras keep going into a "no connection" state. 

The router connection is rock solid. In fact logging in from computer shows no issue. 

If I uninstall the ios app and reinstall it is fixed. 

This happens very frequently - more than once an hour. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Arlo - are you aware of it? Can we have a fix to the ios app please? 

Thanks

-Conor

P84nks
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly the same issue. No help from support, in fact latest update implies no free support available outside warranty! System effectively rendered useless when its in this state. Used Live Chat but passed onto another department and heard nothing since.
Dlo5
Aspirant
Aspirant
iOS app 2.19.1 still same issue

Edit: deleted and reinstalled the app and it seems to be working for me
tesram
Guide
Guide

I have preciously uninstalled and then reinstalled the app but that was of no help.  I will try that again but am not hopeful.

Dlo5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I lied... iOS 2.19.1 still doesn’t work. Same thing happened a hour later.

Have to leave app opened for approximately 30 seconds before cameras are recognized and don’t say “not connected”
NYJer1970
Initiate
Initiate

Explain the logic here:

1) Base station is hardwired to my router

2) Internet is fine - connection light on base is green and blinking indicating activity

3) Getting activity alerts as usual from all 3 cameras I am using

Open app on my iPhone to find all three cameras are offline and shows base station is offline (read #1,2 and 3) above which still applies - everything appears to be working but the app.

I have already reset the base station, deleted and re-added the cameras (oddly, even during this process without completing the adding cameras, I am still getting activity alerts!) and it works for a while and then drops out again (website port actually works showing my cameras working).

Is this a new defect in the app (which is fully updated) or is the base dying after 2 years (my guess is "planned obsolescence" from Netgear so I would have to buy another system.

BTW - ever since about 4 updates ago, my alerts are nearly useless since I get the immediate notification but often the video doesn't show up in my library for hours and even days (I even get the alert counter showing as many as 15 alerts with nothing in the library until a few days later, multiple videos over several days appear in my library).

All of the above makes me not want to buy this product again.

NYJer1970
Initiate
Initiate

Well, if it is any consideration, it appears all Arlo units are having this issue:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/quot-Device-Not-Connected-quot-yet-base-station-is-green-an...

allenau1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also noticed this in the past 1+ week and is pretty annoying when there is a need to look at the cameras.

Here is the requested info for my environment.

• Are you experiencing this issue on an the Arlo iOS app, Arlo Android app, and/or the web client on your computer?

Arlo iOS App

Note: Web Client (i.e,  Laptop browser) is an issues

• What phone device and iOS/Android OS version are you running?

iphone XS Max

iOS 13.6

• What version of the Arlo app are you running?

2.19.1 (992)

• What phone device are you using if you're experiencing this on the Arlo app?

Apple iPhone XS Max

• What web browser and computer are you using if you're experiencing this on the web client on your computer?

N/A.  Not experiencing on a Laptop (i.e.,  Chrome) browser

I have Pro 2 base station (VMB4540r2) + Pro 3 base station (VMB4000r3) + Argo light Hub (VMB4540r2).

t_welcome
Star
Star
I have been having the same issue as well. All the sudden over the past 2 weeks, I open the app to find Device is offline. Usually when I realize I haven’t gotten a notification in a while. There is nothing wrong with internet connection. My base is right next to the router and modem and has worked fine for months. Using internet to research issue as well.

I did learn that Arlo released an update that caused this. Read on here someone blasting them for not testing it. Anyway it’s still happening and I’ve started to not trust the system when I leave. It is not a good feeling knowing how much $$ I’ve spent on a securit system and it not being reliable. When you’re away and you realize security system has been offline.

Was on vacation and one camera caught some guy in my driveway in the middle of the night but the closer camera didn’t pick it up. Was furious.
lenard777
Star
Star

I sincerely hope all of you in this community complain to Arlo about the mess they have created and how poorly their phone app is working, when it does work at all. I am very sorry I invested in Netgear products. I have not been able to get any answers or replies from anybody from Arlo regarding these problems. I do not feel secure with their cameras which are at best hit and miss. Maybe they need some new software writers and to try out the software themselves before they load it onto us. I bought these cameras to watch over some very expensive animals that I have because I have had threats by people of stealing them for pure money. I thought Arlo products were going to be helpful but know better now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, disconnected cables and installed new ones, et, et. Nothing seems to correct these issues.

Peterjung
Star
Star
Hi Jessica,

Having the same issue as the rest.

Are you experiencing this issue on an the Arlo iOS app, Arlo Android app, and/or the web client on your computer?

- Arlo iOS app

What phone device and iOS/Android OS version are you running?

- iPhone 11 and iOS 13.6

What version of the Arlo app are you running?

- 2.19 (990)

What phone device are you using if you're experiencing this on the Arlo app?

- iPhone 11 MWLT2X/A

What web browser and computer are you using if you're experiencing this on the web client on your computer?

- Google Chrome

Please help

Thanks
JeffS42
Star
Star

Hello,

I managed to get a hold of an engineering contact at Arlo who tells me that this issue has a code fix in the pipeline and should be out soon; I don't know the specific date or version number, but they are aware of it and are working on it.

Peterjung
Star
Star

Hi Jeff,

Good to know.

As I have deleted the app and reinstall to the latest version on App Store - v2.19.1 (992) - Released 19 Aug 2020.

Still no luck. The issue is there.

Hope Arlo engineering gets a fix soon...

Thank you

Firman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've followed the suggestion in a previous post to delete app and reinstall which I've done a couple of times.

Still had the problem but appeared to be improved with reduced wait times.

Have now installed the recent update 2.19.1  which appears to have solved my problem.

MarkP1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I also have the same problem. The entire system keeps on kicking out. "Your device is not connected" on the camera and the base station is offline. But the blue light is on, NOT blinking, and the internet connection is working. This is the same on iOS, Safari, Firefox, Chrome irrespective of the hardware. Please provide a solution. I'm on latest update 2.19.1