Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
pleeho
Initiate
Initiate

I "upgraded" to Arlo Ultra 4k last May, with the "Premier" service for 1 year, which was paid upfront. 

Over the past couple months, I noticed a severely degraded video quality on both recorded and live streaming on the Ultra 4k cams. When I looked up what was what on my account and services, I noticed that the account now had "premier" listed as "up to 2k quality" and now had a higher level "ELITE" level subscription which was the only one allowing "4k." Also now additional cams beyond 5 needed to be paid at $1.50/mo (per std cams), or $2.50/mo (per 4k cams)! WTF! I had already paid a year's worth for 4k recording, so how the does arlo come back 5-6mo later and downgrade my already prepaid service!!

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pleeho,

While some changes have been made for subscription plans since you upgraded, these changes would not have impacted your existing subscription unless you specifically made a change. No automatic changes have taken place. Originally, Premier service allowed for recordings up to 1080p. If you never originally subscribed to the additional PVR addon, this means your recordings would not have been in 4K.

Today, there is no PVR addon required for 4K recordings. Premier allows for up to 2K recordings and Elite allows for up to 4K recordings.

For 4K live streaming, please remember that your mobile device needs to be connected to the same network as your cameras. 4K live streaming is only available when you're mobile device is local, otherwise, the stream will be in 1080p.

JamesC

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
My Ultras actually seem to always have had less (or at least no better than) video quality than my Arlo Pro cameras did (not Pro 2). Just saying...
K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Up front I paid for the premier and paid for 3 of my 5 cameras To have  PVR, all for 1 year.

After the end of that year will my plan renew to this same plan with PVR?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K9trainer,

Yes. If you do not make any manual changes to your plan, your existing plan will renew.

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

? James, they just shut mine off the day before it was set to expire and only gave me two choices, 2K or 4K.  I would be happier to have what I had for the last year back.  Then was told that plan no longer exists.

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is exactly why I asked the question I did. From what I read, if you have a plan in affect and have not made any changes your plan is grandfathered and will stay the same.

It will be total BS if that’s not how it is.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062366/New-Arlo-Smart-subscription-plans-FAQ

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation