Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

live stream using FireFox, chrome, etc, it tells me that flash needs to be updated

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the worst product I have ever owned. I spent $1000.00 on a 4 camera system and have had nothing but grief since day 1!

Firmware update in July caused Audio detection to trigger randomly. How was that issue not found during development/QA??

Now I when I try to live stream using FireFox, chrome, etc, it tells me that flash needs to be updated but then I update it and the next time I log in I get the same issue. It looks like the UI was changed yesterday and looks like that introduced that issue. How was that not found during development/QA??

11 REPLIES 11
brh
Master
Master

@stewgotz,

In the title bar in Chrome, click on the lock, go to Site Settings and allow Flash. That should solve your problem. I don't remember how I did it Firefox, but there is a way to allow Flash. I am no longer having your problem since I allowed Flash in both browsers. Arlo is actively working to get away from using Flash, but we don't have an ETA.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For FF, click on the "i" or lock icons to the left of the URL and disable Content Blocking.

stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done that but still every time I try to live stream one of the camera's I get this message: "A newer version of Adobe Flash player is required. Please install the latest version from here."

I click on "here", which is a link to the Adobe flash site. I download the installer and install it. I then go back into Arlo and try it again and I get the same message. Arlo broke something when they released a new UI a couple of days ago. The look and feel is slightly different.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On FireFox, I clicked on the little "block" icon next to the lock...click on allow flash... it's working fine here.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TomMac wrote:

On FireFox, I clicked on the little "block" icon next to the lock...click on allow flash... it's working fine here.

Yeah.  The new icon appears after you click "Live" or otherwise try to use flash.

After you allow flash it changes color. 

Then dismiss the update message by clicking the x and click "Live" again.

stewgotz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, clicking on the little block fixes the problem but if you close and restart firefox and then try to live stream again you get the same update message again and have to click the box again.

It doesn't make sense...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stewgotz wrote:

Yes, clicking on the little block fixes the problem but if you close and restart firefox and then try to live stream again you get the same update message again and have to click the box again.

It doesn't make sense...

It is ugly and tiresome, though to some degree that's on firefox (they should allow you to allow it persistently).

Of course what's needed is the transition to html5.  Hopefully that will happen much earlier than Dec 2020.

1bikerider2015
Aspirant
Aspirant

Excellent. Works just as you said. The little lego icon next to the lock inthe upper left of the URL box.

But the person who logged the issue is correct. There is a whole a mile wide in the DEV/QA processes at Arlo.

Prove me wrong and send a patch Arlo.

Thank you gents

1bikerider2015
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually it does make sense. If Arlo prioritizes this issue, it will get fixed and we will get a patch or an update.

So the only explanation is it's not a priority to Arlo or there would be a representative explaining how to fix the issue permanently. 

Hit them with a massive DDOS attack and the prioroty may increase??? He he

Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary
Flash is a standard that is going away and has been deprecated for years. Many browsers force you to enable flash everytime you hit a site using it now to try to encourage the site owner to properly upgrade there stuff. They need to upgrade there web app to use HTML5.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mavrrick wrote:
They need to upgrade their web app to use HTML5.

No one here is saying otherwise.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation