Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tjshadyluver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo cameras work at home I can see my video live or old recordings. But when I leave the Base Stations location over 100 yards. They no longer show my recordings on my iPhone App. I can watch my live video offsite, but not recordings. I have reset the base station. Unplugged the router and modem and re paired all the cameras and everything. Port Forwarding is on. This was working for maybe 6 Months. Then I couldn't see my pre-recorded videos anymore when I was at work at the time away from my house. When I get home, I can see my recorded videos, but just not when I'm way from my house. It worked and it was very convenient. Now I want it to go back to working. 

2 REPLIES 2
tjshadyluver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nevermind my Orbi Router changed IP Adresses and port numbers. I Arlos Ports to my Orbi Port Forward and is all working again. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tjshadyluver wrote:

Nevermind my Orbi Router changed IP Adresses and port numbers. I Arlos Ports to my Orbi Port Forward and is all working again. 

I recommend assigning a fixed local IP address to your base station.  To do that, go into "Advanced" on the Orbi webpage, and then expand setup.  LAN setup lets you assign addresses.  You can just assign it the address the base currently has.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation