Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Are there really no glass break sensors?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
filhalbate
Follower
Follower

We're looking to replace our security system and Arlo seems like a decent option. However, I was taken aback when I realized their fancy all-in-one sensors don't have any glass break awareness. Our home is probably 30% windows - large plate glass windows at that. If we're broken into, it'll be the glass that goes. Without that option, the whole system is a no-go and I find it hard to believe others don't feel the same way. Am I missing something? Are they going to get them eventually?

Thanks for any insight!

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Many of the Aro cameras can be triggered by sound.... any good size glass breaking would set it off.

It did for me with a tempered glass table that decided to spontaneously self explode  in the middle of night

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bricemb1996
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah for whatever reason they decided to leave glassbreak detection out of the Arlo Security System.

Which is dumb considering the Security Hub, and the All In One Sensors all have microphones that can be utilized for smoke/CO alarm detection so why not implement glassbreak detection?

Brice M. Benes
External Arlo Tester
A_Person
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has there been any mention of them bringing a new glass break sensor to market?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @A_Person 

Thanks for the inquiry, We will announce new information regarding product releases here on the community. You can find the featured board here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Smart-Home-Security/ct-p/Arlo

Reverence
Initiate
Initiate

No. And they don’t work even for large glass. We own a restaurant in Harlem NY enormous glass door shattered and no alarm or signal to monitor company. You can see the footage on our instagram ReverenceNYC and now getting the run around for weeks by support on it. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation