Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo ultra - 1 of 4 cameras dropping offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tot60
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having issues with the 4th camera staying on line. I have moved the camera from outside to inside to test. It is within the recommended distance of the base station. It continues to be on/off line. The bars are not even full, as the other 3 positioned outside are? Could the 4th added unit be deffective?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tot60,

Does it drop offline on it's own or does the offline error show up when you take an action (change a setting, live stream, navigate to another screen etc.)?

You might try placing the camera in the same location as one of the cameras that is working without issues and see if you get the same behavior.

JamesC

tot60
Aspirant
Aspirant

It drops offine when I live stream it. I will try placing it next to one of the others, which is approximately 15 feet away now. Arlo does recommend the units should be at least 6 feet apart?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tot60,

Correct, try to make sure the cameras are at least 6 feet away from each other for best performance.

JamesC

tot60
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, the puzzling part is 3 of the camers that came with the package all have 4 full bars. The 4th, add on unit, only has 2 to three bars on the strength? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tot60,

The signal strength may be inaccurate if you're moving around with the camera in hand. To get an accurate reading, I recommend placing the camera in a location where another camera shows good strength, close your app and wait 5 minutes, then reopen the app and take a look at the signal strength indicator. If that specific camera is still showing poor strength where another camera shows full, let me know.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation