Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Seattlegrunge
Guide
Guide

I have had Arlo Wire-Free for several years and I am satisfied, but tomorrow I am planning to buy new cameras. First I was looking at Pro 3 but the price difference to Ultra is too small to not choose the Ultra cameras (together with a new base station). But I have a few questions...

When the Ultra cameras, that I am planning on having permanent power to, are recording to the cloud storage in 4K, is my Internet connection at 250/100 (down/up) enough, or would there be any problems for the 4K movies to upload? Let say there is a problem with uploading, is it then possible to choose a lower resolution on the Ultra cameras, so they will record in 2K or HD (1080) to get smooth recordings?

With Ultra cameras, is it possible to have the Premier plan instead of the Elite plan to store only 2K videos on the cloud? Not that I am planning to live with 2K, but if there are problems with 4K uploading.

Have I got it right when I think that no plan equals no cloud recording at all, not even in HD?

1 REPLY 1
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

yes you can just get the 2K plan but your up/down speeds are plenty good enough for 4K.  I believe there is a limit on the number that can be streaming 4K at the same time time so you might want to double check that.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation