Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What has Arlo wrought? One camera is permanently "disconnected". Support says "connectivity issue".

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Newtledog
Tutor
Tutor

So after 6 months of barely works, my system finally settles down - 3 cameras and the base station. The station is wired into an ethernet port, 2 of the cameras are wired to power, one on batteries.

About 6-8 weeks ago one of the camera is permanently 'disconnected'. All the usual trouble shooting from resetting to removing and readding. Support says "it's a connectivity issue". Well, they may be somewhat correct. Bring it in and place it next to the base station and it works fine. (Mind you, this camera, while outside is only 20 feet away from a powerful router. Another which has no problems is 50').

But here's the thing, for the last year this camera, in the same location has worked flawlessly. So, if I didn't change anything, I'm now suspecting a base station firmware update is the problem. Has anyone else seen this type of nonsense? I gotta be honest, I'm itching to replace the entire set up. Arlo remains such a swing and a miss.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Kaesergaga
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am using base station VMB 4500 and all camera (pro2) and audio doorbell could connect to the base station. However, I keep stucking at the page of getting HomeKit info when I try to connect my arlo base station to HomeKit. I have reboot many times and reboot my router too. It doesn't work. What procedure should I take to get through that page so that the base station can connect to HomeKit?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Newtledog wrote:

But here's the thing, for the last year this camera, in the same location has worked flawlessly. So, if I didn't change anything, I'm now suspecting a base station firmware update is the problem.

Of course new firmware (either the base or the camera) could introduce bugs, so it is impossible to rule that out.  Though I haven't seen a flood of posts here from other folks seeing this particular issue.

There are some other possibililities that might account for it.  One of your neighbors might have upgraded their wifi, and that could be creating some interference.  Other changes in your home (new appliances for example, or just using more air conditioning) could also be factors.   

Have you tried looking at the Arlo network's signal strength on your phone at the camera location?  If you use an Android phone, there are several free wifi analyzer apps that will give you some idea of how crowded the 2.4 ghz wifi spectrum is.

Steller888
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can someone please send me a reset token to my base station to use with HomeKit?
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Newtledog  Though there may be a couple of things to look for the first thing I would do is to swap the non working cam with one of the working ones to determine if it's the cam or location to eliminate some variables.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation