Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

maharrm
Tutor
Tutor

I recently started to experience the error, “Videos stored on Base Station are not available. Please check connection settings.” when trying to access locally stored videos in the Library (I have a VMB5000r5 base station recording to a microSD card). 

I have previously been able to access videos with Port Forwarding enabled and also without Port Forwarding when connected to my home network. 

I have again disabled Port Forwarding and am connected on my home network, but still receive the same error.

i can see from the storage setting info that my microSD card appears to be saving videos as the amount of space used is increasing.

Anyone else experiencing this error recently? Thanks. 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, the development team is investing these reports and I will be updating the thread with more information as soon as I receive it. 

183 REPLIES 183
kamranbaig
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been told by Arlo technical team that there is a problem with their system that's why I can't get access to port forwarding with Arlo Ultra Hub.

They opened a case three days ago and since than I am waiting for the solution of this problem.

Groundhog2
Aspirant
Aspirant

having the same issue with one of the cameras not recording back to the app. have tried the same things re installing and reinstalling and no luck.  Is there an update on this arlo

Gabriel1940
Aspirant
Aspirant

For a few weeks now I have been unable to access the videos I have stored locally from outside my network. This started happening since I update the iOS App. It is not a port forwarding issue as it was working correctly until that update. Also, I check that the ports are open and they are, although the verification that the App performs continues to say that they are not.

Additionally, I have two smarthubs (VMB5000r6) installed and in the app and one allows me the restart option while the other does not. This works fine using the web version to restart both

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The port forwarding issue apparently will need to be fixed by an app update. If your router supports a VPN connection, you can use that instead.

I haven't heard of the restart option missing. Have you power cycled the hub? I suppose it could also be an app issue.

JohnnyPHM
Tutor
Tutor

I am waiting for the app update to fix this problem, too!!!! 

LAMLIK
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems the port forwarding issue again after firmware/app update. Arlo Team please do something about it. 

elfoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some years now I have 4 Arlo cameras and a hub. No subscription, hard drive to the hub, and I could look up all the stored vids from the app. I just realized that with the new app I can no longer view those vids from the app, is that correct?

If so - extremely disappointing and I need to warn the people that I suggested Arlo to.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@elfoo wrote:

I just realized that with the new app I can no longer view those vids from the app, is that correct?

No, it's not correct.

The vids are in a different place:

1. go to the devices page
  2. select the base
  3. go into storage settings

and you should see them.

There is currently an issue with port forwarding not working with the iOS app (though it does work with Android).  But remote access on the iPhone/iPad will work if you can use a home VPN instead.

Rainstorm123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Port forwarding seems to have stopped working all of the sudden. I've confirmed externally the port is open externally and being forwarded to the Alro Smarthub. We're unable to view recording remotely.

Firmware 1.24.0.1_1528_8938370

Hardware VMB4540R2

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

This is an issue with the iOS app.  It works with Android.

If you can set up a home VPN, that will provide remote access.

Pauld33
Tutor
Tutor

Downloaded the new 4.14.6 update today but still not working! Come on Arlo it has been almost a month now!

CarribeanPirate
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got off of a very lengthy chat with an Arlo support technician and it was clear that they will not admit that the issue is with the new app that was pushed in early June. It looks like they are not planning on correcting this issue. It may be time to look for solutions other than Arlo at this point, unless of course you want to pay for their monthly subscription service!

Orochi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Stephen,

I am also having this issue with port forwarding suddenly not working. When you say "this is a known issue" does that mean the team are working on a fix?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CarribeanPirate wrote:

I just got off of a very lengthy chat with an Arlo support technician and it was clear that they will not admit that the issue is with the new app that was pushed in early June.

Tier-1 support likely doesn't have the full story.   That said, I don't think Arlo prioritizes fixing issues with direct access to local storage.

I'm tagging @BrookeN , @JamesC , @ShayneS so they can confirm that this issue is in Arlo's bug system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Orochi wrote:

When you say "this is a known issue" does that mean the team are working on a fix?

I don't work for Arlo, so I don't know what they are working on.

I do know that a lot of iOS users have reported this problem, so Arlo certainly knows about it.

rchen119
Aspirant
Aspirant

It would be nice if Arlo Team could provide status update, or any workaround.     

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, the development team is investing these reports and I will be updating the thread with more information as soon as I receive it. 

rpn830
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks. based on what we know (port forwarding works on android + older versions of ios app) i really think it's a problem with the newest versions of the ios app (since end of May or so)

vaida
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been using my Arlo Pro 6-Camera system, Model VMS4630-100NAS, for about 3 years now. I do not have a paid subscription, but have been recording to the thumbdrive that I have attached to the base. The unit has worked flawlessly, for the most part, the whole time.

Today, June 26, I realized that my system has stopped recording motion since June 13th. If I go into my LIBRARY on the app, nothing shows up as recorded. When I pull the thumbdrive out of the homebase and plug it into my computer, I can see all the video recorded up to that date, 06/13/24 (reason I know it stopped on that date).

I've scanned the thumbdrive with diagnostic software to confirm that the thumbdrive is indeed still good... and it is. I can use the drive like normal on the computer. So... now I formatted the drive and placed it back into the homebase. Had the homebase reformat the drive itself, giving me no errors. And, still no recording.

I've tried a new thumbdrive... same result.

Anyone have similar issues? or ideas?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, the "Pro 6" is confusing, since the 6 is the number of cameras.  If i tracked down the correct link for VMS4630, then you have six Pro 2 cameras with a VMB4000 base.

@vaida wrote:

Today, June 26, I realized that my system has stopped recording motion since June 13th. If I go into my LIBRARY on the app, nothing shows up as recorded. When I pull the thumbdrive out of the homebase and plug it into my computer, I can see all the video recorded up to that date, 06/13/24 (reason I know it stopped on that date).

This might need a little clarification.

Your VMB4000 base support local recording, but NOT playback of those recordings.  All the recordings you see in LIBRARY are saved in the Arlo Cloud.  Even though you do not have a subscription, your cameras were sold with 7 days of free cloud recording.  The ONLY way to see recordings on the USB stick is to eject the USB drive and connect it to a PC (as you did).

@vaida wrote:

Today, June 26, I realized that my system has stopped recording motion since June 13th.

There are other reports of this happening, so you are not alone.  

The mods can attempt to fix it remotely, so I am tagging them to call their attention to your issue.  @BrookeN , @ShayneS , @JamesC .  They'll reply here if they can do that (or if they need more information).

BuffaloBob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Under the base local storage I only can view the newer videos that have today's date. For anything recorded before midnight I have to remove the card and plug it into a adapter. 

robbyj
Star
Star

Summary: Devices > Smart Hub > Storage Settings is blank and shows no recordings.

Context: I have been using local storage recordings for over a year with two Arlo Pro 4 cameras and my VMB4540 SmartHub. As of a few days ago I am no longer able to see any local recordings from the Arlo Secure app. My Arlo Pro 4 cameras are still sending recordings to the VMB4540 SmartHub and I am still receiving motion alerts to my phone. I am only able to view the recordings by ejecting the USB drive from the VMB4540 SmartHub and viewing from a computer. 

What I have tried:

1. Restarting the SmartHub
  2. Restarting the Cameras
  3. Formatting the USB drive
  4. Replacing the USB drive
  5. Reinstalling the Arlo Secure App
  6. Checking for firmware updates 

Device Information:
SmartHub Firmware: 1.24.0.1_1528_8938370

Pro 4 Firmware: 1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d

Phone: Iphone 13
App version: 4.14.6 (7472)

gbweir
Guide
Guide

App update on 26/06/24 to ver 4.14.6

Still not connecting to base station

christerlind
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an APP update available today but it diden´t solve the problem

Flemmingpe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have Arlo Pro 3 cameras and a VMB5000r4 base station (firmware 1.24.0.1_1607_8938370)

I have been using local recordings with SD-card for a long time, and I have been able to access the recordings from my iphone when I'm not on my wifi.

A few days ago, the remote access to my recordings stopped working. I have talked to my ISP, and they say that nothing have change from their side. I can access my recording when i'm on my wifi. But when not, I have no access.

I have port forwarding enable on my ISP router matching the IP and ports showing in the Arlo app. But in the Arlo app it says "not available" on the Port Forwarding page.

I can also mention that I have a Deco Mesh system after the ISP router. But I have not changed anything, and it has been working for months before a few days ago.

I have also tried to factory reset the base and connect all the cameras again. But still no result.

Can anyone help me? 🙂

Kind Regards

Flemming