Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Verification text

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GAinNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m trying to set up my system and the response back from Arlo has been slow. The email verification took two attempts and I’m still waiting for my txt verification to my phone as part of the dual verification set up! Not a great start! Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GAinNZ,

Were you able to complete the setup or are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

GAinNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

No...I have tried again today using two different telephone number options and it is still not working. The system identifies NZ so I assume that it builds in the 0064 country code? I have then tried my cellphone number with and without a '0' (zero) in front of my number and neither option works.

Also....i noticed my battery needed recharging after only a few days. I appreciate that the camera is in a high use area but it concerns me that the battery capacity isn't what the claim represented. You don't get spare batteries (although I did buy one) but only to discover that you also don't get a charger (other than having to take the  camera unit from it's mount). Not ideal!

I think Arlo should provide a link that gives you a greeting, and walks you through the setup phase when you buy the product. Referring us to the community page is poor for a product of this cost. It wouldn't take a lot to set this up and I see that there are other comments in the community pages about the lack of info available when you first purchase the product.  

Finally....despite my camera only being placed no more that 12m away from the Arlo system, the signal is showing as poor at my front door. This results in blurred images when I zoom the shot in (ie it would be no good in trying to identify anyone). I expected stronger signals and I haven't even bothered trying my far corner of the house as I has no chance of receiving the signal. Again....no problems if I had bought the cheapest system on the market, but I didn't and I therefore expect that these matters wouldn't occur. 

If I was asked....at this stage I certainly wouldn't recommend the system!   

One last thing....even when I go to put the model number in this communication using the dropdown options, it doesn't even have my Arlo Ultra model number as an option???

dcfox1
Master
Master

In your reply it shows u selected VMB 5000 Smarthub.  what model do u have that might help for someone to respond. That one is for the ultra from what  i understand. I also have loss of detail when zooming in i just think thats the way it is on an  internet cam. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation