Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

General Feedback - Starting issues (Partly unresolved)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Muddy_Gotcha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi arlo team.

I bought an arlo Ultra 4K and ran into several issues, for which I did not find adequate trouble shooting / support

(1) Installation of the Camera on outside wall. I don't trust this tiny fixture with this small dowel/screw combination for a 400€ peace of Electronic! Did you even think about the possibility that there might be a layer of "render"?! Other fixtures I found are just chinese crap... So, I have to look for a screw with the right head size, which is long enough to pass the "render" and find a suitable dowel? For a 400+€ invest I would have expected at least a some more accessories for outside installation!

(2) flash player firefox. After several tries I resilved this myself.  After activating the flashplayer I have to refresh the page. Arlo then wants a new registration, ie. new password input. Unfortunately I have to repeat this procedure after each restart of my Win10 desctop computer.  VERY inconvenient!

(3) Why is it not possible to register just one timing for a period from 8pm to 6am? VERY inconvenient. It took me half an hour to search and find the solution!

(4) I have just the one camera. No I get the issue with 5 streams. How did I start 5 streams? Did this happen because of the firefox issue (see above #2 issue)? I was not able to find ANY solution on how to end a stream! So, I don't get live stream for the time being...?!

(5) If I try to enter feedback, I get the information about 500 characters only after I’m done…..?

(6) I got another error when I tried the “email” support

(7) I got another “no go” when I tried your hotline

Please consider this as a worst case scenario for me.

I appreciate your feedback – particularly on unresolved #4

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Muddy_Gotcha,

The included mount is designed to support the weight of an Ultra camera. When properly installed, you should not experience any issues using this mount. It's not clear to me what you are trying to describe when you say "register just one timing for a period". If you're referring to the schedule feature, take a look here for more information: How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account? The development team is investigating user reports of the 5 or more active streams error message. Are you still experiencing this today? Do you experiencing this when using the web client as well as the mobile app?

JamesC

Muddy_Gotcha
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have an arlo ultra. But suppose you have any other surface than Wood, you need to look up an adequate screw/dowel combination and buy it.

Yes, I'm referring to the schedule feature to adjust time of activity. This is anything but intuitive. I figured it out (took me some time though). And I have to create two times for just one continuous period (e.g. 8pm to 7am). You may try for yourself.

Live Stream: not sure if it still does not work (because of the 5 stream issue. Now it appears offline? Translates probably directly into more fun?

Thanks & Regards

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation