Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Good afternoon Arlo!

Does anyone know when the updated Arlo app will be releasing since Arlo is officially announcing iOS 13 tomorrow and it will be available for download after the announcement. Since Arlo is aware that all the notifications from the new Arlo app do not work in iOS 13.

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Mobile app version 2.9 is now available for iOS supporting iOS13 and resolving the issue with push notifications. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app downloaded from the app store.

For more information take a look at the release notes and knowledge base articles below:

Arlo iOS App - 2.9 - 19th September 2019

Will I need to reconfigure any settings after downloading the new Arlo app?

Why do I need to download a new Arlo app?

Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're aware of an issue with notifications on iOS13. I don't have an ETA for a fix at this time but will keep you updated with any new information I receive.

JamesC

youngek
Guide
Guide
I’m on 13.2 and notifications do not work in it either.
Endareth
Tutor
Tutor

(btw, 13.2 is an impressive claim, unless you're working for Apple!)

FYI, official release dates are:

iOS 13: September 13th

iOS 13.1: September 30th

iOS 13 GM (identical to release version in theory) is now available to devs/public beta

iOS 13.1 Beta 3 is now available to devs/public beta

I can confirm that Arlo notifications are still not fixed for 13.1b3 for me at least.

Endareth
Tutor
Tutor

Oh, one more thing: beta versions of an operating system are not stable products. They are not intended to be used on production/end user devices. Complaining that some third parties software isn't working right on your beta device is unfair to that third party. Apple make plenty of breaking changes in their major iOS updates, and in some cases these aren't even fixable from the third parties perspective (spoken as a dev who's had one app become completely broken and unfixable due to Apple API changes). While I completely understand and agree with users coming here to report bugs in how the Arlo software works on their beta systems, having a fit and insisting that the devs are all incompetent and should be fired (seen in another thread here), just because you want their app to work perfectly on your beta device is patently unfair.

</rantoff>

That said, I'd definitely expect Arlo to have all previous functionality restored by the time iOS 13 is actually released!

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Good morning Arlo employees!

I have an apple developer account an iPhone XS Max can run the developer GM ios 13 software.

Is it possible to add me to the group that tests the new version Arlo apps before they release? As I know none of the notifications work with the new Arlo app on iOS 13.

I want to request to be part of the group that can test please.

Thank you!!
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I was using iOS 13 for a while until 8 days or so ago when I had to downgrade to iOS 12 when Arlo sent out the new app which sends no notifications on iOS 13.

The Arlo app is the only thing stopping me from upgrading my iPhone to iOS 13.

All other apps are working fine on iOS 13.

Does any Arlo employees know when the public will receive an update to the new Arlo app so it’ll send notifications on iOS 13? Can any Arlo employees add me to the tester group for Arlo and iOS 13?

Thanks everyone!!!
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Good afternoon Arlo employees, we are a three days away from iOS 13 releasing their golden master to the public.

Is there any news/status when the Arlo app will send notifications with iOS 13 including calling the phone when the doorbell is pressed.

Thank you!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

n1976jmk,

I do not have an ETA for this fix. I will provide an update publicly when we have more information.

JamesC

Endareth
Tutor
Tutor

Hey @JamesC , you might want to get your devs to check out https://nshipster.com/apns-device-tokens/. Looks like Apple changed the output for some of the Foundation objects in iOS 13, and this has been affecting a lot of apps push notifications systems.

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Thanks James but this sadly sounds like a delay in meeting the iOS 13 release 😢😢 but I hope not....
mikejd1
Star
Star

They literally have less than 24 hours to fix this until all breaks loose.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Mobile app version 2.9 is now available for iOS supporting iOS13 and resolving the issue with push notifications. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app downloaded from the app store.

For more information take a look at the release notes and knowledge base articles below:

Arlo iOS App - 2.9 - 19th September 2019

Will I need to reconfigure any settings after downloading the new Arlo app?

Why do I need to download a new Arlo app?

Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

DLBABQ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Notifications working fine! Thanks.
Stephenpryce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help!! We have been monitoring an elderly parent using the above camera through a third generation iPad. The message on screen tells us to. Update the iOS which is proving impossible. No problem through android but Apple iPad is our main monitor. Any suggestions ....other than buy a new iPad! Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stephenpryce wrote:

Help!! We have been monitoring an elderly parent using the above camera through a third generation iPad . Any suggestions ....other than buy a new iPad!

Your iPad is stuck at 9.3.5, so unfortunately you'll either need to move to a different device or get a new iPad.

The good news is that new iPad they launched about 10 days ago starts at $329.

RickNY
Star
Star
I am having an issue with version 2.9 of the Arlo app under iOS 13.1 Dev beta 4 when playing video clips from my library. If I start playing the clip and then hit the X in the top left corner of the clip while it’s playing, the audio from that clip continues to play until it’s completion. Is anyone else experiencing that?
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation