Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hoagie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let me first say if this gets categorized wrong it's because of the Label which only allows (Arlo Smart, Arlo Mobile App,) to be selected.  I will also add the system will not upload the picture, but it's attached to the case.

=========

I've had case 41787259 open for ever and can't get anyone to assist.  Had RMA 7149888 approved on 7-29 and can't even get that completed.  It's impossible to talk to anyone live and I have asked for someone to call me multiple times.

I've documented all the issues and even show support major issues with recording at night.  Below is what I sent support again this morning after they looked at an RMA from 2019 on what I think was my Pro 2.  Look at the attachment at least the third I have sent with no recordings occurring even when the Pro 2 captures it correctly.

Can anyone here assist?  This is beyond frustrating!!!

Ultra Recording Issues-3.jpg

=== === === ====

Wrong Case Wrong RMA, what you listed is from 2019 and if that actually is for me it was for the Pro 2 when it broke.  Why are you looking at previous cases that don’t even apply to the Ultra Cameras?  The RMA on this open case is 7149888 Which was approved on July 29, 2020.  Again this needs to be escalated to someone that can actually fulfill the request and work on the actual issue not look at the past which is not even the correct station.

Arlo Ultra has major issues recording at night.  Here is at least a third example I have given you on this issue.  The recording if from a Pro 2 Camera, The Pink shows where there are 2 separate Arlo Ultra Cameras.  The one Ultra camera is mounted beside the Pro 2 Camera.  You can also even see the one by the Garage has a light on however neither one of the Ultra cameras recorded a video.  Its quite obvious they should but neither of them recorded a video.

No there is not issue with range or interference of the camera’s to the base station, I’ve explained that multiple times as well.  I’ve asked for call backs so many times because it’s impossible to get a hold of a live agent.

Now someone escalate this to fix it, because you have an issue in your software, hardware, Arlo Smart Plan, or all of them.

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Hoagie,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Hoagie
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is your system that does it, it looks fine and then when the website loads it's what you see now.  I tried to send it to you in a private message but not sure if that worked either.  I attached it to this response too.

Ultra Recording Issues-3.jpg

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I received your private message and the image you attached as well. I've responded to your private message so hope to hear from you soon.

Hoagie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I gave support multiple other pictures they are not sure what the issues it.  But the Pro 2 Camera shows that the Ultras have issues recording at night.

Hoagie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd like to also add I have done the same tests with the Ultra 2 and it has the same issues.

RDStorm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having similar problems getting my 5 Ultra cameras to record or notify at night. Currently have 2 or 3 cases open on this because they keep opening new ones instead of updating the existing one I give them when I chat. I've asked for this to be escalated as well. If I don't get help soon, I will be returning the whole setup.
RDStorm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 2 or 3 open support cases and I only see a page to update them when I click on the button in the email. It doesn't show me the message from support about what I'm supposed to be updating. How can I see the list of cases and the whole case with comments from both sides?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RDStorm,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Hoagie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Took 3 months to get a replacement base and that did nothing.  I have a Pro 2 beside the Ultra and it records about 2 times as many videos than the Ultra does.  The Ultra also doesn't do push notifications for sound.  It's an obvious software and/or hardware issues impacting performance.  It could even be part of the Smart Notifications software.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation