Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
jsismail
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife and I both have iPhones, setup geofencing, and never reliably worked.  When I knew we were both out of zone, I would wait for the Arlo App alert saying it was armed, but it wouldn't come.  Only after I re-open the app would the notification arrive/be sent out.  We both have Arlo always allowed to use our locations in the settings (Location Services).  It just never arms.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13.3

iPhone Xs, iOS 13.2.3

VMB5000R4 | 1.15.0.1_244_c345a43

Ultra H6 | 1.070.50.0_197_09137a0 (all 3 cameras)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app for iOS is now available resolving several issues with Geofencing, please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app installed and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.12 - 13th December 2019

JamesC

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
I have been having the same issue for a few weeks now. I was told by support that they are aware with a problem with geofencing and iOS 13 and that the next app update should correct that. Whenever that happens....🙄🙄🙄
Dlo5
Aspirant
Aspirant
Been like this for months..
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our team is aware that some users are experiencing issues with the geofencing capability on iOS.  Arlo is working with our technology partner to resolve this issue expeditiously and we expect to deliver a resolution shortly.  We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team is working to improve the experience.

JamesC

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks for the update James, it’s nice to see arlo acknowledgement an issue and let us know your working on it.

Keep it up!
jsismail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Happened again this morning, but this time from my wife's device, meaning she wondere if Arlo was working as it wasn't armed while we were both out of zone.  As soon as she opened the app, it triggered arming.  The app is seemingly closing itself (crashing) while in the background, and not receiving location infomration as a result?

candos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Arlo for letting us know you are working on this. I’ve never had this geo fencing problem before I upgraded to the latest iPhone and now ios13. Hopefully it will be fixed soon! Cheers
jerBak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is doing the e act same thing. As soon as I bring the app up the geofence automation runs, but it won’t recognize where I’m at if it’s not the current active app. I’ve checked every setting I can find, nothing fixes it.
jsismail
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, I'm sure it's related, but I do not receive "Location In/Out Notifications" at all.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app for iOS is now available resolving several issues with Geofencing, please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app installed and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.12 - 13th December 2019

JamesC

MortenBW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,
Thanks for the new iOS update: "Arlo iOS App - 2.12 - 13th December 2019". I still have the same geofencing problem: always on away mode, but I'am not sure that my iOS app has been updated. The Arlo aap: version 2.12 (1887), but with release date on "5. Dec. 2019"!! But official release date is 13th Dec??
Regards

jerBak
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I updated my app yesterday before coming home and it worked! Hopefully that did the trick. Thanks
jsismail
Aspirant
Aspirant
The update seems to be working for us as well, as far as arming/disarming goes, but not wrt notifications when leaving or entering a zone.

When will notifications when leaving or entering a zone be fixed?
jerBak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just FYI, after updating the geofencing has been arming/disarming as well as sending notificatiom
User7
Guide
Guide
Can some more people confirm geofencing is now working after Arlo’s latest update?

I switched to completely bypassing Arlo for geofencing and I’m using IFTTT to arm and disarm. It’s been working perfectly!

I might switch back to Arlo if it’s operational again, although...I really like IFTTT’s ability to arm and disarm based on Sunset and Sunrise.
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Arlo geofence is working.
Clippy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the latest version of the the app, 2.12, and this still does not work and has been like this from the launch of IOS 13, do you not test your software before launch ? Maybe Beta versions this would avoid this mess

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation