Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second camera failing to pair

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Trance_Omega
Guide
Guide

I got the camera delivered from US 2 weeks ago. Set up was easy at first but the second camera kept going offline.

I brought it closer to the base station but then it never came back. Tried everything to sync but failed so removed devive from app and started again.

No matter what I did, it wouldnt pair with the base station. Did everything that I researched including reset, hold button for 10 seconds, press base station sync for 2 seconds then camera button for 2 seconds. Nothing worked. It was even plugged in.

It did reconnect again when I tried 12 hours later but again disconnected overnight and couldnt be found again and this time I kept the camera only 5 meters away from base station.

I have written to support and opened a ticket explaining everything that I had done but the only answer I got was to try something I had already tried many times which I explained to them in the ticket. Just dont get it why support dont read the tickets properly.

Now have I got a bad camera? The other one is working with no issues.

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trance_Omega,

Support must ask these troubleshooting steps to validate the issue. Please let me know if after validating these steps through support if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

Trance_Omega
Guide
Guide

ok lets start again as it seems support is not reading the content of the message but only the title.

Yes I have tried to pair via the app

yes the battery is fully charged

yes I have taken the battery out then put in again to pair

yes i have tried to manually pair

yes I have removed the camera from the app

yes I have tried the button under the camera and pressed for 30 seconds till it clicks

yes I have pressed the button on the base station for 2 seconds and then 2 seconds on the camera

and yes I have tried this multiple times over the past week

yes there is power in the battery as it flashes blue whilst trying to pair until final flashing amber

Unless you have another solution that isnt mentioned in your documentation or on the community forums can you either please suggest an action which I havent yet tried thats been mentioned above?

Or you may have a faulty camera for which you need to take action as its not even 3 weeks old. I am in Hong Kong not the US by the way so please suggest alternative solution.

Thank you for your time

Steve

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Trance_Omega wrote:

Or you may have a faulty camera

Sounds like that to me.  If so, you either need to exchange the system with the seller, or get a warranty replacement from support.

Trance_Omega
Guide
Guide

I finally got it to work after keeping it on charge overnight. However when I disconnect from the mains, it works for an hour and then its gone. Twice this has happened and now I have it plugged into the mains constantly it has been working for 2 days. I am guessing a battery issue and I have now mentioned it to support but do they usually take several days to reply each time?

Trance_Omega
Guide
Guide

What is the average response time for Arlo support? Is it usually 5 days to a week to get a response?

Love the Arlo product so far apart from the one dodgy camera I have but the support really needs to increase their response time I find.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trance_Omega,

I will reach out to the support team and request an update on your open support ticket.

JamesC

Trance_Omega
Guide
Guide

Thanks. I finally heard from support a day later. After several posts from me explaining them problem and it wasnt fixed I get a response from support saying thank you for your time and if no response from you soon we will close the ticket and consider the matter resolved.

Errr looks like I have to open another ticket if they close it (I did respond) and start this endless cycle again.

What do I have to do to point out that you cant solve a problem by just ignoring it?

Hahelms
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having the same issue with a refurbished Arlo cámara from amazon. It worked until the battery died a month or so. I’ve charged it over n over for days n my hub will not recognize it.

I’ve reset both canasta n hub n nothing!! I’m now passed the return policy time and just don’t think i can go this long arguing with customer service to look into the 1 year manufacture warranty. This is ridiculous! And you only had yours for 3 weeks!! They should have helped you sooner! I’m so frustrated with my issue. I might just order a new battery and see if i can resolve the issue on my on. Thank you for posting!!
Trance_Omega
Guide
Guide

Its a joke when you have to wait on average 3-4 days for a response from Arlo and then they have the absolute cheek to say they are closing the ticket if no response within 7 days.

I have never seen after sales service so bad. Its like they take their money and they dont care what so ever afterwards. A shame when its a great product....if it worked.

I am so frustrated with support and it is not just a one of but on 3 tickets they usually average 3-4 days to respond. I am now facing having to travel at xmas and not have my home security in place thanks to Arlo.

I am returning mine and demanding a refund. When I buy a product I just expect it to work!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation