Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra Camera Timeouts

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
After getting all 4 cameras set up, I started tweaking the pinch-zoom video settings to get rid of an ugly rain gutter and also have an overall better view. As soon as I did that, that and only that camera started timing out when attempting live view. Its still recording clips though. My internet speeds are better than 150mbps down/30 up. If nobody can help with this problem, how can I revert to the default view? Using the pinch-zoom to open the view back up, I can never get back to the original view. I can still see the green border. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HazzMatt,

New firmware has been released for camera and SmartHub along with new versions of the mobile app. Be sure you've updated to the latest versions and let us know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Instead of pinch zoom, why not try a different video mode (switch between full (120 degrees), wide (155 degrees) or super wide (180 degrees))?

The issue of removing the zoom box when fully zoomed back out has been reported before. I don't recall for sure but I believe there was no resolution to the issue if Reset doesn't work. If an issue, you may need to remove and resync the camera to clear it.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
I am more interested to know why using the pinch-zoom function causes the camera time out issue, but I do appreciate you answering the other question.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea on the pinch zoom issue. Have you tried using a browser?

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
My problem is, as stated, is a camera timeout issue when trying to connect to the camera after being set up for pinch-zoom. The camera timeout issue is both with browser or app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For all I know, it may simply be a glitch in the camera configuration. Rather than trying the same thing over and over with no resolution (see the definition of insanity by Einstein) reboot the base, remove and resync the camera. That should clear up any misconfiguration issues.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HazzMatt,

New firmware has been released for camera and SmartHub along with new versions of the mobile app. Be sure you've updated to the latest versions and let us know if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
My latest checks seem to indicate an improvement. I've had much fewer timeout errors since the update. I'm happy to call this issue resolved and will open up a new post should the problem return. Thank you. My remaining issue is an ultra Camera battery that discharges extremely fast and takes a very long time to charge. It only seems to happen to one battery and/or one camera. I am going to swap things around to see if I can isolate which component is at fault.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HazzMatt,

Great to hear, please let us know the results.

JamesC

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
I also wish to confirm the much reduced signal strength over prior Arlo base stations. Other than changing out the base and cameras (all in the same locations), the signal strength is muchess now and causing me to relocate things that I wouldn't have had to do. I don't suppose Arlo would consider either adding boosters or advertising that Ultra is weaker signal wise over prior models?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using a WiFi analyzer app on my phone, I found that the Ultra base has a slightly higher output than my previous bases. Not enough to expect a difference but noticeable nonetheless.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
After waiting several days since the last andriod Arlo app update on 3/25, with seemingly very few camera time out issues, I made one change today on one camera from 4K streaming to auto-tracking. I now again have repeating camera timeout and/or camera not available errors. No other changes were made. After trying many things such as resetting the camera in question, I tried to change back to 4K viewing but the problem remains. I don't plan to try this on other cameras, because this is a similar problem to what I originally reported. What causes cameras to experience time out issues after things seemingly work ok with default settings? Change the settings and here come the camera time out issues. What causes this and what is the resolution? Otherwise, I guess the alternative is to start from scratch and make no settings changes from default. That isn't what should be happening.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm working closely with the engineering team investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

JamesC

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

ok thank you

Russ01
Tutor
Tutor
I am having some of these issues as well. Installed 03/27/19
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sorry to hear you're also having this issue. The good news is that Arlo is definitely listening and is trying to resolve. They told me they're good going to release another update that might fix it. Any chance you're also having battery charging issues? Good Luck
Russ01
Tutor
Tutor
Not as of yet. I have only had them up for about a week. According to the batter indicators show, they are still good. I haven't had to recharge them yet.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Arlo Ultra camera firmware is available addresses the issue being discussed here. Please make sure your camera is up to date with the latest firmware and let us know if you continue experiencing any stability issues.

Release Notes

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation