Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 way audio not working

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CodyG
Tutor
Tutor
Duplex audio doesn't work on my Ultra cameras. Everything is updated to all current firmware/software including my phone (Galaxy S20+) and Arlo app.

Resetting, reinserting the battery and all other troubleshooting methods have been depleted.

Has this ever been fixed or will I just need to take my business and everyone I know business as well elsewhere?

Seems to be ongoing issue that isn't fixed or will not be fixed for some reason.
10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi, 

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

dmwinship
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo cameras, 2 are brand new. NONE of them have 2 way audio with the APP on my new phone, Samsung S21 Ultra. Evidently I'm not the only one.

Without this, I might as well send the new cameras back.
I created 3 chat support tickets, with NO RESPONSE from Arlo.

Help?

Xratchet13x
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had my Arlo cameras and hub since 2020. I have the bundle that comes from Costco. I also have a Samsong S20+. My partner has an Apple. 2 way use to work for my phone. After updates it quit working and hasn't worked for years. I have made tickets in the past and gotten no where. It is frustrating but what can you do? I am sure it is a bug that can be fixed with the 2 way but they won't fix it. I got tired of dealing with customer service. The 2 way isn't a 2 way when you have to turn off the microphone and go back just to hear what the person is saying on the other side. I am just waiting for the cameras to quit working and planning on switching to something else. My partners I phone works better than my Samsong with this product. I do find it frustrating myself.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Xratchet13x

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43063028

dmwinship
Aspirant
Aspirant

Xratchet13x,
Yeah, I also intend to buy a different system when my FOUR cameras eventually fail. That's likely to be awhile, but this has been truly disappointing.
I'm hoping your 'escalation' yields some relief for you. If so, please let us know.

David Winship

CodyG
Tutor
Tutor
I too will be going elsewhere. Arlo cameras have been been less than adequate as far as quality, reliability and customer service is slim to none. I'll make sure to tell everyone to NOT buy Arlo products.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@CodyG

May I ask what the issue is you are experiencing & which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

CodyG
Tutor
Tutor

I have reset and erased everything, nothing works.  They were refurbished through Amazon, had I known that option didn't work I would have never bought them. Also, to note every 30 days you have to eject SD card and copy/paste recordings elsewhere. That way the direct storage access allows another 30 days of viewing. Why can't you just have a setting that starts your 30 days over and not have to go through the trouble of ejecting, deleting, rebooting etc. Like seriously, get some fn support already. People paid good money for crap. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CodyG wrote:

every 30 days you have to eject SD card and copy/paste recordings elsewhere. That way the direct storage access allows another 30 days of viewing. 

I don't do that, and I always have access to the most recent 30 days of recordings.

Note this is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.

CodyG
Tutor
Tutor

Understood, after this last update of firmware, which happened the other day my front door camera started working with 2 way audio. 

I was stunned after owning it for over a year

But the 30 day thing may be the type of SD card I'm using. I'm going to try a different SD card per the specs and see what happens. Funny things is that the SD card I'm currently using was working until this current update.

I'll keep everyone posted. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation