I woke up on the morning of the 17th of July (Australian EST) to see a heap of audio alerts for my internal cameras which have audio detection turned on (all my external cameras have audio detection off). All the recordings were 10 seconds long and at first I thought it must be wind and changed to my custom "wind mode" which reduces audio sensitivity but these alerts kept firing and then I realised it wasn't a windy morning either.
I have had the setup for almost 2 months and nothing like this had happened before. I thought to myself "something has definitely changed here" so I checked the release notes forum page and sure enough there had been an update overnight.
These alerts have continued since that point. It seems that when the base station is communicating with the cameras that it is causing the audio detection to trigger. For example, if i open the iOS app and go to the devices page it causes all my internal cameras to detect audio at once even though there is no sound in those rooms (i.e. no wind or anything that would cause it). If I open the Arlo portal on my PC the same thing happens. It also happens when changing between schedule modes - at 12:00am I have a schedule change from my custom "evening" mode to my custom "night" mode - so at 12:00am when the mode switch over occurred my internal cameras were triggered. So it seems to me that there is something in the update (possibly in relation to the camera wifi communication) which is causing the audio detection to fire unnecessarily.
I must reinforce that this is not an audio sensitivity issue. I have been tuning my cameras since I got them to get to the right level of audio sensitivity for internal cameras (i.e. garage, shed, alfresco) - I have turned off audio detection on all external cameras as there was too many false alarms (which is fine). The audio sensitivity is just right for me now and has been for the last 3 weeks. Also, it is easy for me to replicate the problem as I just go into the Arlo iOS App (or browser portal) and every time I do this I get a bunch of audio alerts with 10 second clips.
I am wondering if others are experiencing this problem and hoping it is acknowledged and fixed soon.
10 x Arlo Ultra Cameras & 2 Arlo Ultra Base Stations
Solved! Go to Solution.
Just wanted to confirm that the new firmware has fixed my issue with constant sound triggers due to low end sound buzzing.
Now if only it wasn’t super windy today and the outside camera getting triggered all the time 😛
RL wind issues heh! 🙂
The new firmware update has fixed this problem for me as well. Thanks! Although, now it has introduced another problem where the LED spotlight says on for an extended period after the camera is triggered. I will contribute to the other thread on this.
The problem where the LED spotlight says on for an extended period after the camera is triggered has magically gone away after the firmware has had time to "settle". I haven't had any false audio triggers since the firmware update either. Plus geofencing seems to be working pretty well for me now with multiple hubs and 2 iPhones (I think this was fixed in the July firmware update but I've only just turned it back on now). Thanks Arlo!