Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shoebox303
Aspirant
Aspirant

Should the recordings in the cloud (i.e. downloaded from the library in my account) be 4K?  When I download it, mine are 1920 x 1080 and definitely not 4k.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

shoebox303,

Are you subscribed to PVR for that camera? For 4K content to be stored in the library, you need a PVR subscription. Take a look here: What Arlo subscription do I need to record videos with 4K resolution?

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

shoebox303,

Are you subscribed to PVR for that camera? For 4K content to be stored in the library, you need a PVR subscription. Take a look here: What Arlo subscription do I need to record videos with 4K resolution?

JamesC

shoebox303
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ran through all the instructions but I’m still a bit confused at what I have and what I need.  I DO know that I’m on the Arlo Smart Premier 1 year plan. I just don’t see anything that says “Premier Video Recording” when I look at the subscription options.

How I’m getting there:  Log in > Settings > Subscription.  Then I see this:

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 5.34.56 PM.png

These are the instructions from the link you sent me. I’ve followed them through a number of times and I just don’t see anything that says PVR. I’m stuck at Step 4…

1. Log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
  2. Click Settings > Subscription > Change Plan.
  3. On the Select a plan page, click Continue.
    Note: You need an Arlo Smart, Arlo Smart Premier, or Arlo Smart Elite plan to add a PVR subscription.
  4. Click Premium Video Recording.
  5. Select the Arlo Ultra camera(s) you want upgraded to PVR.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Review the subscription changes, and click Check Out.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

After step 2 and 3 you should see this:

PVR.PNG

Select Premium Video Recording and click continue.

JamesC

shoebox303
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve definitely not seen that before.
Wonder why? Any suggestions?

I guess, I’m the meantime, at least the recordings to my Micro SD card are 4K?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

shoebox303,

After clicking change plan, are you clicking continue (making no changes to the account level subscription)? What screen is shown after you've clicked continue?

JamesC

shoebox303
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but that option is there now. I'd bet my life it wasn't there earlier. Maybe because it was a new account?

Anyway, I think it's good to go now - thanks for the help.  And just to confirm, are the videos being saved to my SD card 4K, or do you know.

Thanks again!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

shoebox303,

Content saved to your SD card is 4K. How do I record 4K videos to a microSD card?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation