Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Mjakaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am about to purchase a used system for $350. Issue is when I search the model VMS5240 100NAS like when posting here it asks for the model VMS doesn't even show up. Anyhow I've got the original Arlo cameras I believe basebmodel is VMB3000 not sure of camera models.. I've got 3 cameras right now I am hoping those cameras will sync with the new system. Anyone know? I've tried reaching out to arlo CS but no luck. I guess if they won't work ill sell the old system. If anyone's interested I've got the base, 3 cams, 3 power supplies and 8 rechargeable tenergy batteries w a charger that does 4 at a time. Ive got 1 magnetic cam mount and 2 telescoping mounts. The cameras are white.

What's everyone's thoughts on the system I'm considering, is it worth it for 350 shipped? Any major issues etc, is quality really considered 4k??

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can leave the exisiting system set up just as it is - you don't have to do anything else other than to set the new system up on your account. Be sure the seller has removed all devices from his account or you won't be able to install it.

The old cameras will work on the new system if you want. You just need to remove them (and, likely, the existing base) from Settings, My Devices before syncing them with the new hub.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can leave the exisiting system set up just as it is - you don't have to do anything else other than to set the new system up on your account. Be sure the seller has removed all devices from his account or you won't be able to install it.

The old cameras will work on the new system if you want. You just need to remove them (and, likely, the existing base) from Settings, My Devices before syncing them with the new hub.

Mjakaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you, that helps a ton!
JDM6
Star
Star

dont get any of their 4k camera unles your ok with paying more for the 4k hardware and then paying monthly to access the 4k features - oh and the local storage only allows you to view if your home. complete money grab company find yourself a cheaper option and save the headache.

I have 4 4k Ultras and now they want me to pay 15 a month to record and view 4k over cloud (and half the time when streaming its not even 4k - only guaranteed 4k if your at home and have a good connection)

if your set on buying them u can buy my 4 camera setup with base and magnetic mounts

Mjakaz
Aspirant
Aspirant
JDM6 woooow!!! That's wild, thank you thank you. I am now no longer interested in it. I'll stick with my old system i guess. Unless ud recommend the pro 2 or pro 3? No way I'm paying a monthly fee not w the cost of the cameras hence why I was searching for used!! Just curious how much u gona sell yours for? I am sooo happy nobody of all people I spoke w about buying made mention of this. Id of been furious and immediately sold as well!!

Man thank u again so very much, saved me!!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation