Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HarveyDavis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased an arlo ultra system that came with 2 cameras, those two cameras synced easy and are currently working, I had purchased two  add on cameras and those will not sync to the smart hub. I have went though the community and I have tried resetting the cameras, turning off all wifi, adding from pc and all of the community suggestions have not worked. But one community suggestion states that the firmware could be the issue and the serial number to the camera that will not work is A4219C74A0AFF if someone could verify if this is the issue that would be great.

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@HarveyDavis wrote:

I had purchased two  add on cameras and those will not sync to the smart hub.

Tell us what happened when you tried.

What did you do? Where did it go wrong and what messages did you see?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
HarveyDavis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Case Description I purchased an 2 ultra cameras and smart hub and added two more cameras to the order and the two cameras that came with the kit synced easily but the two add on cameras not at all. I select add cameras, start by inserting the battery, it checks firm ware of smart hub and then looks for camera flashing blue led and then times out by flashing the led amber. I have searched the community and have tried turning off all wifi, tried installing from app and PC, i even waited till this morning to try again after the batteries charged all night still no discovery of cameras. I'm close to sending them back to amazon because it seems that they are defective unless you have a majic solution to try. Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey HarveyDavis,

Try referring to this article if your Ultra camera is not syncing to your SmartHub: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

HarveyDavis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just finished following all of those steps again. I have two cameras working but can not add the other two. I am thinking there is a firmware issue in the second set of cameras and is probably out of date.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try removing the battery from the Arlo Ultra cameras and then re-insert it back in again to try sync again to see if that helps.

HarveyDavis
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got off the phone to support and after 2 and a half hours, long story short I had to manually set my wifi router broadcast setting to channel 11 and then the cameras synced. Now the question still is why did two cameras work without channel setting and the others would not?
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation