Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DouglasBeyki
Guide
Guide
Hi
Since some weeks, i get notifactions of motion detection, but there are no recorded videos. I have 4 types of camera, some work flawlessly and some have this problem.
My setup:
2 old hd cameras, they work fine
1x pro, works fine
2x ultra, they give notification but no video
1x doorbell, give notification but no video

I have seen this issue adressed on this forum but have not found a solution that works for me

I did:
- power reset the base stations
- power reset my internet modem
- checked the schedule: cameras are on when i want them
- replaced all batteries on cameras except doorbellvideo, because that is hardwired
- i do not use auto zoom and tracking, or geofencing, or activity zones, so i cant reset those.
-
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DouglasBeyki wrote:

2x ultra, they give notification but no video
1x doorbell, give notification but no video

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Are these two cameras in a subscription plan?  Your old cameras included 7-day cloud storage, but all the newer cameras (and doorbells) require a subscription for cloud storage.

DouglasBeyki
Guide
Guide

Hi Stephen

I hadn't considered that.

I will look in to it. Thanks for your reply.

Mbu1982
Tutor
Tutor
When did Arlo start the requirements for a subscription to view videos for the Ultra Cameras? I have had my Arlo Ultra for over two years and have just recently noticed the video recording disabled. If I install an SD card in my base station can I then record directly onto the SD card?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Mbu1982 wrote:
When did Arlo start the requirements for a subscription to view videos for the Ultra Cameras? I have had my Arlo Ultra for over two years and have just recently noticed the video recording disabled. If I install an SD card in my base station can I then record directly onto the SD card?

The Ultra required a subscription for Cloud recordings since it was released in 2018 and models after that. You would have a 1 year free trial on the Ultra for cloud recordings but not 2 years so not sure why you just noticed it. You can use the SD card for Local but it has many limitations.

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation