Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cant turn off notifications on all ultra cameras .. even tho they are unticked in setting i still keep getting notifications ...
restarted cameras and asme thing ! Started this morning

76 REPLIES 76
hullzy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset my cameras about 2-3 weeks ago due to an issue getting no recordings of any kind even when there should have been an alert and recording.

The problem seems to be getting worse for me. Today I'm getting constant motion alerts on several cameras. I have confirmed that I only have People, Animal, and Vehicle alerts turned on in Smart Notifications but I still get All other motion alerts. It's pretty much rendered our system useless as we now assume any motion alerts are false.

arlo.png

EB_Norway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still totally useless, I sent them an e-mail and got this:

Thanks for the information. I will further attach this to our engineering / engineering department.
Right now we can't do much to do this is a major software problem.
Your case will be assign to a global issue.

Jann3
Tutor
Tutor

Thx for the update EB_Norway!

So, we are not getting bug fix for this issue in short time.. and the system is totally useless while being at home and all the notifications needs to be muted. I'm very disappointed to the way, how Arlo handles customer feedback and react to the complaints.

I don't recommendate Arlo Ultra for anyone. Only issues since day one. I had to even contact to support to setup the system, because it dropped one camera from the list. It is not just good value for the money, and the benefits for 4K is minimal compared to 1080p HD (Arlo Pro 2).

I have waited information about the Arlo outdoor siren and Arlo multi-purpose-sensor since announcing these system at CES 2019, but after this issue I decided not to expand this system with any new Arlo products.

Arlo Pro 2 is stable and didn't have almost any issues with it.

With best regards,

Janne

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

mgaertner
Tutor
Tutor

Considering my post was from February, that there were numerous other reports on the issue and that you are now addressing it in June, please rest assured that I have already sold all of my Arlo equipment and gone back to Nest.

Mickiwul
Star
Star
I also had this problem for several months, i just hoped it to ve fixed, but now it is so bad that i had to comment on it. And again witch respectful company does not have operation alarms on such a vital service ? Arlo also showed off new home alarm security system in january 2019. Now 1,5 years later no product released, proberbly because of all the problems regarding their excisting products 😞 and largely overpriced cameras , should pay for a decent operations department to keep major incidents numbers low. ( sadly not)
I must say i am very dissppointed in my 3 years experience with the. Arlo cameras, and may soon change my 5 cameras to an other Brand.
D-Flo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am so pissed off with the lack of customer service and support for Arlo. I wish I never bought his expensive camera system. My motivations go off all the ti e killing the battery when there is nothing there . I get motion notification even through the smart notification option is set to people only. I get intermittent recordings often only while leaving. Neither the activity zones, motion sensitive or motion detection works even while set to 1 on all. This is utterly hopeless. I have to turn the camera off to reserve batttrty because it is recording randomly and sending notifications all the time. PLEASE HELP!!!!, I am so frustrated and spending so much for so little and poor quality in every way.
hr_gr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here - getting tons of notifications although no notifications are checked. 

Advice by helpdesk was useless - must be a server issue on Arlo end

swiss_cheese
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guys! Unbelievable...

I spent over 1000 bucks for Arlo Ultra Cams and since 3 weeks the system is just bogus (it worked in the beginning). Alerts all over the place in custom mode when it‘s not even configured and missing recordings in the cloud! Opened a support ticket and got no response... This is a joke, right?!

EB_Norway
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, you may ask.

Ultra sends notification all the time even if it set up not to send.

This forum is full of people with the same experience.
sarometal
Guide
Guide

same problems here ....

If it is such a major issue and the team cant fix it in a short term, why dont you roll back to an older and working software version? 😤

Dlearious
Guide
Guide
There isn't such thing.
Wakey
Star
Star

I signed up to this as I needed alerts for people only 24/7.

Woken up at 2am- detected 'motion'- it was  actually a small black cat, but I cannot understand why the 'motion' was sending a notification, when that is switched off in the smart settings.

It seems it is simply broken, because the server surely only should be sending out the alert if it is an alert tagged with 'people' but it is sending it tagged with 'motion'.

ARLOozzie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately this is normal. The smart subs are a rip off and I won’t pay a cent for this. You have the same without subscribing so why having that. You can easily set up 2 or 3 base stations with different emails and give permission to your main to have all on one app.
szinski
Apprentice
Apprentice

Happens to me a lot too (happening right now on a few of my cameras).

I have Smart Notifications enabled for all of my cameras. I have them all set for People, some have Vehicles, but all of them have the "All Other Motion" option disabled. Yet I still receive alerts for "Motion".

For me, it seems that Smart Notifications work about 80% of the time, meaning that if I go back and look at my history there are a lot of "Motion" triggers, but I'm only being notified a few times. Thank goodness I'm not receiving notifications for all "Motion" events or I'd have to disable notifications completely.

I've had my Arlo system for almost two years (a mix of Arlo Q, Arlo Pro, and Arlo Pro 2) and have had this issue since day one. It's very frustrating that Arlo can't hire some competent programmers to work out the bugs in their software. And don't get me started on the fact that I still need Flash installed to view my cameras on the web.

njfoses
Apprentice
Apprentice

Certainly an intermittent server side issue with Arlo. A couple of my cameras set for vehicles and people only, have started to produce "motion detected" alerts in the last couple days. This has been an on and off issue ever since the introduction of "Arlo smart" unfortunately.

szinski
Apprentice
Apprentice

As a programmer myself, I have a theory as to what's going on. When the Arlo servers get overloaded and can't process each clip to determine the type of motion event, they default to "Motion" and send an alert. Better to send a generic "Motion" alert than no alert at all (when someone could be breaking in). That's my theory anyway. I notice that the false alerts happen more on sunny/windy days... all those tree shadows moving and causing motion alerts and overloading Arlo's servers.

sigval
Aspirant
Aspirant

in the iphone app, i go to smart notifications, select the camera and then check only people, animals and vehicles. other motion is unchecked. but still i receiver notifications for motion on this camera. is this a known error, and will it be fixed ? 

Cobra99
Star
Star

Two weeks are over since we signaled those problems. When will the issue be fixed? Any feedback on this would be highly appreciated!

Thank you for your understanding & your efforts!

Cobra

dcfox1
Master
Master

@szinski  What do you mean "Still" need  flash installed. 

szinski
Apprentice
Apprentice

Holy cow, it doesn't require Flash now, they must have fixed it recently. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out!

dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea they got rid of it close to two months now that's  was what  i was wondering. 

Mickiwul
Star
Star
I would now say that my wrong notifications stopped. So now it works again, i live in denmark/ eu.
CyanideWreckage
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got the Arlo Ultra system two days ago. 4 camera system. 1 camera was faulty and I'm trying to get a replacement now but I'm also having this same issue. I have the front camera set to "People" only but I get notifications for every car that passes by. Kind of annoying having your phone going off every 30 seconds. I had high hopes for this system but with one camera being faulty, this issue, and all the issues I'm reading about, I don't know how I feel about Arlo. Almost considering returning the whole thing and finding something else.

Jann3
Tutor
Tutor

I would say, that the amount of notifications reduced drastically, but I still get notifications while system is disarmed. Usually, the notification comes 5 minutes after movement and I still have my notifications muted.

I Live in Finland / EU.