Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Orange led flashing - connection issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
n3kr0s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings,
it's the second time that I purchase Arlo in the last two months, the first I returned the product to the seller within 14 days because the base was unable to connect to the internet (orange light flashing).

I then discovered that an unpublicized requirement of the service was to have the IP reachable from the internet,and i was under NAT; for this reason I contacted my ISP (a 1000mbit optic fiber operator) and I requested the transition to the public static IP.

Last week I got it up and running and I've been "reachable from the outside" since then; I therefore proceeded to buy back the Arlo Ultra system, but, surprise , this time too the base couldn't connect to the internet by flashing orange indefinitely.

I opened on my router (fritz.box 7530)  ports 80, 443 (tcp) and 123 (udp), without getting results.

Before I decided to return the product again, I wanted to understand if there was any other test to be performed

Thanks a lot to those who will help me

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @n3kr0s

I have a few questions for you.

1. Have you tried to reboot you router & test again?
  2. Did you successfully setup the base & cameras & the Orange light followed after?
  3. Have you tried with a different ethernet cable? 
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation