Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is anyone else having an issue with the new iOS app released yesterday where every time you go into the “Mode” tab all hubs just get stuck on “getting information”??

The only way I’ve found to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall the app from the App Store - which is annoying as you have to go through all the default prompts and app authorizations every time you do it. That only fixes the issue for one or two logins before it’s stuck on the same issue again.

I’m using an iPhone XS Max on iOS 12.4.1 and the new Arlo app v 2.8 (not the old legacy app)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Mobile app version 2.9 is now available for iOS supporting iOS13 and resolving the issue. Please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app downloaded from the app store.

For more information take a look at the release notes and knowledge base articles below:

Arlo iOS App - 2.9 - 19th September 2019

Will I need to reconfigure any settings after downloading the new Arlo app?

Why do I need to download a new Arlo app?

Why am I not receiving Arlo notifications on my iOS device?

JamesC

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mjbeuke,

Did you uninstall the legacy app or do you still have both installed? If you still have the legacy app installed, try uninstalling it, then close and reopen the new app to see if you still experience the same issue.

JamesC

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
MJBeauke and JamesC, I’ve had the new Arlo app installed on my iPhone running iOS 12.4.1 since yesterday evening with the legacy app deleted.

I have noticed a few times the ‘getting information’ mode as well.

The way I’ve been able to fix it by force closing the app x2 to 3x in a row.

It was not doing the ‘getting information’ thing when I had the old Arlo app.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi @JamesC - I have uninstalled the legacy app, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the new app probably 10 times today - as it seems to be the only resolution.

Unlike the other guy posting here force closing the app and reopening it does not allow me to move past the “getting information”.

I do notice that disconnecting from my WiFi and going on cellular resolves it - and as soon as I get back on WiFi it does it again.

I have no changed any router settings or had any issues with the other 40 wireless devices in my home. I did reboot the router and cable modem for good measure - but it’s still happening.
MORGiON666
Star
Star

Having the same issue on iOS 13

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have the issue also on my iOS 12 iPhone occasionally
Stahl101
Guide
Guide

My Arlo pro 2 is having the same ussiue “getting information” if I change from WiFi to cellular I can get it to work, sometimes.

i deleted both apps and started from scratch, without luck.

brh
Master
Master

@JamesC,

Deleting the Legacy app does not solve the problem. The only way to arm/disarm ones system is to use the Legacy app.

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

Hamfists
Initiate
Initiate
I have downloaded the new app, set up my password and I can see all the cameras as before but when I go to arm my system with modes it hangs on ‘getting information’ for ages. Sometimes it won’t load the page at all. I’ve had to re install legacy alongside the new App to use to arm and disarm the system. Is anyone else having this problem or have a fix. Arlo can you not discontinue the Arlo Legacy until the new app works properly please?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've found that having both apps loaded can cause problems. I would uninstall both apps, reboot the phone and reinstall the new one.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks @JamesC

I’m not sure if it’s the new app or what but I’ve been have a few strange issues where I’ve seen my cameras detect motion but then there is no recording. I haven’t pulled the MicroSD out to see if it is being recorded to as well - and I haven’t seen this happen until recently when I got the new app. Not sure if it’s correlated but seems to be something new 😞
Hamfists
Initiate
Initiate

Tried that..still not loading up the mode page..back to legacy for me. Anyone else got any ideas?

Joe_O
Guide
Guide

Using Arlo app 2.8(909) on a iphone 6S and iphone 10.  Not able to access Mode functions consistantly.  Seems to work 1 out of 10 times.  No issues changing Mode from the web browser.

YellowRabbit
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue on iOS 12.4. I have tried all suggested fixes and none work. Un-installing and re-installing works for a few times as someone else suggested but that is a terrible workaround.

The only way to set the mode is to use the Legacy App to set the mode.

Arlo - please fix this ASAP!

MVM
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo pro. Same problem on all my devices. Have tried reinstalling. Resets. Etc. only legacy works.
TJay64
Tutor
Tutor

I have experienced the same ongoing issue with the new app stuck on "getting information" in the "mode" option.  Numerous shutdowns, reinstalls etc have not resolved the issue. In the end I have re-installed the Legacy app to manage the Mode functions (without fault). Hopefully this bug is fixed before the September 30 deadline.

Running on IOS, iPhone X and IPad Pro (same issue on both), the same problem being reported by so many people indicates it is definitely an App software bug that needs to be fixed before Sept 30.

Stahl101
Guide
Guide

Hi All,

when i change from wifi to cellular and restart the app, I am able to change the mode. It’s not the solution but it might be usable at the moment.

i am using iPhone 7 with software version 12.4.1

alexcdiz
Tutor
Tutor
I’m not able to obtain status nor switch the Mode of my devices (I have an Arlo Pro 2 Base Station and Lights Bridge) from the new Arlo app; it keeps as “Getting Information” permanently.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It's probably worth removing and reinstalling the app (though no guarantees that will help).

TimMyers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep - add me to the list, stuck on 'Getting Information', happens on iOS 12 and 13, with or without the Legacy app installed. This sorry state of affairs combined with the utterly horrendous initial setup of the system makes me wonder if it was worth buying at all. I restarted my hub in the hope that might solve it but no, all it did was lose my doorbell which had to be deleted and reset up as a new device to get it to work again. 

Arlo is a great idea let down by poor quality implementation.

Boris40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same as above.

TimMyers
Aspirant
Aspirant

And geofencing is utterly borked. Despite both the devices selected for it being shown as 'in zone' the system mode does not change and remains armed regardless of our movements and the app having 'Always' permission to access our phone's locations.

Switching off WiFi and using cellular is the only way to get the system to show the hub mode and allow changes built that doesn't help with the geolocation problem.

I run software delivery teams as part of my job and it beggars belief that an app like this would be released with unknown defects in these critical features, there's no way testing would have not flagged these problems so the assumption is the new app had to be released to meet some technical deadline or/and the testing was 'crashed' due to lack of time. The result? An awful user experience leading to reluctance to purchase anymore Arlo products and reputational damage to the Arlo brand as I would not recommend their products to anyone based on my own experience.

Mandatoryswe
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,
My system is stuck on “Getting Information” in the mode tab of the iOS app. This has been issue since I got the new (non netgear affiliates) app.
Never had this issue with the old app, but I can’t use the old app for long, so will this be fixed? 😞
jayhova1
Guide
Guide

Same issue here with new app, on mode screen hub is stuck on "Getting information".  I have tried rebooting the base station a couple times. I am unable to change the mode on the hub or access any of the mode configuration.  Its pretty unacceptable that I can't access any of this functionality now.  Seems like every software update something major is broken.