Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple modes

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Valyc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

New user and just installed my first Arlo cameras.

While setting up the cameras, I wanted to select several modes on the Smart Hub.

I have 4 cameras, and all 4 should be armed when I am not home (geofencing). But during the night/evening, I would also like one camera to be armed in my garage. Is that possible?

It seems like I am only able to select either geofencing or schedule?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Valyc wrote:

But how do I get both this schedule and the geofencing option selected? It seems like I am only able to switch between them, and not have both modes selected at the same time?

You set up geofencing on a  mobile.  In the process you set "home" and "away" modes. You can pick "Scheduled"  as one, or both, of the "away" modes.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Add another mode. I have one called Evening. Then create rules for it.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

You can then schedule that to run as you see fit.

How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Valyc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

I managed to create a new custom mode, and created a schedule for this. Done! 🙂

But how do I get both this schedule and the geofencing option selected? It seems like I am only able to switch between them, and not have both modes selected at the same time?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Valyc wrote:

You set up geofencing on a  mobile.  In the process you set "home" and "away" modes. You can pick "Scheduled"  as one, or both, of the "away" modes.

Just another user
Valyc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ahhh! Great!

I have now made det setup 🙂

Thank you very much for your help 🙂
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation