Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra battery percentage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the arlo ultra 4k set of 2 cameras. When i initially got them i put them to charge and reached 100%. A few days after i installed them in the front of my house and however long it took to have them installed and off the chargers, brought down the battery percentage to 91% for one and 85% for the other. I Have had them connected to the chargers since then because i have the cvr subscription but i noticed that the battery percentage doesn’t go higher that the 91 and 85. And one of them went down to 85 although they have been connected to the charge the whole time. I swapped out the one camera that went from 91% down to 85% For a completely new one today but again the camera doesn’t charge passed 83%. Is anyone else having this problem too? Please help! I hate having to go up there on my huge ladder everytime.
3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If they're constantly powered and the battery level isn't dropping, you're probably fine to leave as is. If it really bothers you, disable the camera for a while til it charges fully to 100% and then re-enable it. You'll just have no CVR or motion detected recordings for the duration. Or drag them out of CVR and have motion detected recordings until they get back to 100% and then re-enable CVR

Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi steve! Thanks for your reply! I have tried this already and it hasnt worked. Actually i installed the new camera on the mount and turned it off to charge, which only brought it up to 83%. It’s just odd because i have another arlo pro hooked up to this hub and also have its charger hooked up to it and that one is always at 100% although it doesn’t have cvr(not sure if that’s relevant).
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Hmm.. strange. Can you swap the batteries between the 83% camera and 100% camera to determine if the issue is with the battery itself of the camera?
I wondered if CVR being active would divert power away from charging the battery but actually I have a Pro 2 on CVR and it charges batteries just fine. I switch the battery out of this with one that's run down via a battery only Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation