Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
rennfaron
Aspirant
Aspirant
This just started... I have 4 arlo ultra cameras. They are all set to motion activate and record at a fixed time of 30 seconds. One of them activates, but then produces a recording with :00 of time. I have also noticed that it can't decide if it is going to activate or not, because it will turn the spotlight on and off a few times if you are not standing right in front of it and moving around. Generally, once it sees motion it activates for :30 and records. No matter what you do, stand in front of it moving around, waving your arms for minutes, it just continues to generate more videos of :00 times. All the other cameras are continuing to work as normal. I have turned the camera on and off many times to see if that works. I have restarted the entire system and no change. Thoughts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved in the latest SmartHub and Ultra camera firmware. Please check here to make sure your system is update to date with the latest firmware versions:

Firmware Release Notes

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. If still an issue, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

rennfaron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that worked with the exception that removing it and resyncing didn't work, but removing it, pressing the small button on the inside of the camera at bottom to reset, and then resyning it has worked. So far so good. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's not a reset button, it's for syncing. And I've had to use that, too, when the app syncing process failed.

rennfaron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. That would make sense because, like your issue, the camera was not able to detect the camera during app sync and I had to press that button to get it to become discoverable and then was able to sync. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rennfaron,

Are you still experiencing any 0 second length recordings after the resync? Please let me know if you see this issue again in the future.

JamesC

rennfaron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, the fix seemed to work temporarily. It is now back to recording 0 sec videos. It does seem to record some videos with irregular times as long as there is some continuous movement directly in front of the camera. Once the movement stops the video appears to stop recording (this does not appear to happen every time, just some times). However, I have this set to a fixed time of :30 seconds. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rennfaron,

Is this happening on all cameras or only on a specific camera? What is the signal strength like on the camera(s) that see this behavior?

JamesC

rennfaron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just this one camera so far. Signal strength is 2 out of the 3 bars on the signal / wifi icon. Two other cameras have the same strength (I purchased a 4 camera system from Best Buy). We have one other camera at the far end of the house that has the lowest signal strength and it is still working as normal. I moved the problematic camera from its original location on the driveway to our back deck because I need a fully functional camera capable of :30 recordings on the driveway and can't have a partially working camera out there that is hit or miss on recording behavior. It has behaved the same in both locations. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rennfaron,

Thank you for the information. I'm working with the engineering team to understand the potential cause of this issue and will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

rennfaron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rennfaron,

The engineering team is still working on a resolution for this issue. I will provide an update with more information soon.

JamesC

rennfaron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now another camera is posting clips of .00 seconds. One potentially different thing this time is that it seems like previous recordings from this same camera initially showed .30 times in the library and have since been updated to .00. I cannot be sure of this, but today is the first time I noticed it and I would have most likely noticed it on previous days if this had occured. Now all of the recordings going back to the 19th (with the exception of 1 recording) are showing times of .00. Maybe this is not happening with the camera and is happening in the cloud storage? I wonder this because all previous recordings were modified to .00. However, I can't be 100% positive on that because I did not screenshot those days to show otherwise and did not notice it then. Right now my "security" system is not working and my home is not secure. 

bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo cameras are set to record for 1:00 after motion. 

Motion is detected, and most times the cameras are fine and will record 1:00 of motion.

However, after every 20 or so recordings, I'll get like four or so 0:00 recordings in a row. 

Why would this be? Anyone else see this?

Here is yesterday's activity:

2:37am 1:00 Motion

2:38am 1:00 Person

12:08pm 1:00 Person

3:19pm 1:00 Motion

3:24pm 1:00 Person

4:24pm 1:00 Person

4:25pm 1:00 Person

4:40pm 1:00 Person

8:09pm 0:00 Motion

8:15pm 0:00 Motion

8:16pm 0:00 Motion

8:16pm 1:00 Person

8:18pm 1:00 Animal

8:20pm 1:00 Motion

8:22pm 1:00 Motion

JPuppykik
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera started reporting 0 length recordings today.  I've had it for about 2 weeks with no problems as far as I could see.

This afternoon it stopped detecting activity altogether, including no spotlight.  I rebooted the base station and it's detecting movement again (with spotlight) however the vids are still 0 length(?)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is still working on a resolution for this issue. I will provide an update with more information soon.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved in the latest SmartHub and Ultra camera firmware. Please check here to make sure your system is update to date with the latest firmware versions:

Firmware Release Notes

JamesC

rennfaron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James. I was testing it just now and it all looks to be functioning correctly. I will check again tonight. Thanks for the resolution to this issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rennfaron,

Great! Thank you for the feedback, please let us know the results of your testing.

JamesC

bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for the quick fix and response, James!

I'll see how my recordings do over the next week or so and see if it's improved. Thanks!

bbeagle
Apprentice
Apprentice

The :00 recordings seem to have stopped, but I just got a :06 recording when I have my recordings all set to 1:00.

rennfaron
Aspirant
Aspirant

The :00 records also have not occurred since the firmware updated, but I too just got a :06 recording even when I have my recording time set to :30. 

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation