Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I was checking my SD card today, as I've had some issues with videos being on the SD but not the cloud. But this time, I found that I had more videos on the could than my SD. When I compared the timestamps on each video, I noticed that the 2 that were missing were the 2 manual recordings that I did that day. I did manual recordings because my cameras don't consistently catch motion, and there was some activity that I needed to make sure got recorded for legal purposes. I really need those videos archived on my SD, but they aren't there.... which also means no 4K recording to submit for court if needed.

Are manual recordings supposed to record to the SD card? Or is this yet another massive oversight on Arlo's part?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kammfam,

Manual recordings are not saved to the SD card. Only motion triggered events will be saved to local storage.

JamesC

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Wow, seriously?! That seems like something that people should know.

So that means there's no way to get a 4K video from a manual recording, right? (Unless you're paying for the upgraded cloud storage)

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary
You can only get 4k if the recording is triggered by motion and not manualy triggered.
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Where would a person find this in the product specs or product information? I feel like this is a huge misrepresentation of the product. If I spend the money to buy a 4K camera, I should be able to have 4K video. And if I buy a camera system that has the option to record to an SD card, I should be able to record to the SD card.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kammfam wrote:

. And if I buy a camera system that has the option to record to an SD card, I should be able to record to the SD card.

FWIW, I agree that users would expect that manual recordings are saved to the card (and that the product should be changed to do that).  Perhaps someone should post this in the idea exchange.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation