Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

connection of Arlo Ultra to European electrocity network.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
maddie001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the plug of cameras can be connected to the European standard socket? Is there any plug of these cameras at all? Can it be connected to European electricity network that has 220-230 Volt.
Does the camera has adapter? Doe s this adapter convert 230-220 Volt to the need of camera?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@maddie001 wrote:

Is the plug of cameras can be connected to the European standard socket? Is there any plug of these cameras at all? Can it be connected to European electricity network that has 220-230 Volt.
Does the camera has adapter? Doe s this adapter convert 230-220 Volt to the need of camera?

The cameras are battery powered, but there is a power adapter for the chargers.

Arlo does have versions tailored for Europe and other geographies.  The part number lets you know what geography the product is intended for.  A part number ending in -100NAS is intended for North America, one ending in -100EUS is intended for Europe.  For instance, in the case of the Ultra, the 4-camera system is the VMS5440.  The European version is VMS5440-EUS.

If you purchase from a European supplier, you should get the correct plug in the power adapter.  If you end up with a US plug, then the power adapter can still be used with European power (it handles 230 volts), but you'd need a Europlug adapter for the plug. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

maddie001,

The appropriate power accessories are included with each kit to support the same region in which they are purchased. To see what is included with each Arlo kit, take a look at www.arlo.com and select your country for more information.

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Remember, if you buy an Ultra camera in one country and use it somewhere else you will not he able to use the bundled one-year  subscription for cloud recordings.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
maddie001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Community,

We also want to buy Smart Light that would be connected to the camera. To a camera that has European plug in its adapter.

But I think the only one difference between the American and European set up is that adapter. So an European camera is compatible to American light from system/software perspective. Please confirm.

I ask it because I can not find any Light in the European market (that is presumably compatible to the European electricity network) so maybe I will be constrained to buy American light with Europlug adapter. But does this product exist at all?

The best solution would be to buy European Light since we would use the way that it is connected to the electricity wire in the wall, but there is no stock all over Europe. Could you please advise a procurement source where the European Light could be purchased?

KR

Attila

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@maddie001 wrote:

We also want to buy Smart Light that would be connected to the camera. To a camera that has European plug in its adapter.

Not sure what you mean by that. Cameras just have a USB adapter for power. The plug is irrelevant. I has used US style adapters in the UK for just about everything that Arlo makes. Some come with a separate connector that you can swap to make your adapter fit most standard sockets.

Arlo lights don't plug into anything. Thy are also USB powered or on battery. Nor do they "connect" to cameras.

Lights communicate with cameras through the cloud link.

@maddie001 wrote:

I ask it because I can not find any Light in the European market (that is presumably compatible to the European electricity network) so maybe I will be constrained to buy American light with Europlug adapter.

Again, I don't understand. The power for lights is the same as it is for Pro 2 cameras. You either use a battery or one of those plug-in adapters with its USB plug for the light.

The bit of the light system that does depend on the power socket is the "bridge" that plugs into the mains. I have one that fits into a UK socket. Other countries probably have their own version.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation