Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo! An idea for you guys that we all need ! We need a thumbnail for each video that has been uploaded in local storage! Viewing local storage and blindly downloading videos in hope that you get the one you'r after is rubbish! We need thumbnails in our local storage videos!
Comment to agree! Raise an idea and improvement !
9 REPLIES 9
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Is this what you have in mind?

Thumbnails for remote/local storage - Arlo Community

One of several similar suggestions.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Agreed👍👍
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Vote early, vote often.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
mauijer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Local storage needs thumbnails and alert notifications need a thumbnail as well.

Arlo is just trying to pressure everyone into their overpriced subscription plans by making their cameras completely useless without one. If they truly value their customers they should absolutely listen to these suggestions.

Momo2368
Guide
Guide

I ended up switching from arlo to eufy because arlo ultra 2 did not fix their local storage issues completely. Last thing i want to do is to pay for my video storage. I could setup my own cloud storage and replicate my local storage with a fraction of that price than whatever  arlo wanted to charge me for subscription. There is no improvement on the range over my old arlo pro 2. Battery life very poor if you want to capture in real 4k. If setup your camera with 'optimized video quality' (real 4k), battery will not last more than two weeks with given the fact that if you have 20-25 motion clips per day. Motion detector range decreased from arlo pro 2. Ultra 2 can pick up any motion up to 25 feet away(Max). My pro 2 can pick up from across the street which is 40 feet. Most disappointing  one is that you can not view video thumbnails if they were stored in the local storage. That means i would not know who came to my yard unless i download the video. This whole solution is crippled if you don't go for their subscription model. Very disappointing. Eufy pro 2k does not have good motion rage like arlo but i could do everything else that i could not do in arlo and it is totally FREE. Arlo should take this seriously other wise, they will lose loyal customers like me. I waited up to urlta 2 to get their ultimate product but arlo failed to do that.

DontWantSmart
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is this fixable or going to get fixed? I have an older Arlo system too but I am not going to keep this additional “top of the line” system when it is mostly crippled without the subscription. (Bought from a big box store with generous return policy. )
zdre
Initiate
Initiate

Please implement this ASAP!  Thumbnails should also be shown on all motion notifications without Arlo Smart subscription. I understand that it will no longer zoom in on people, vehicles, and animals, but it still knows the exact time when the motion was triggered and can capture the single frame for the notifications. Eufy has this, and even includes person/animal detection for free without the cloud storage subscription. I understand that that Arlo's business model is different, but intentionally crippling advertised features to force people to pay for Arlo's cloud storage is unethical.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I doubt they do it they want you to pay. And I will not
TonyKK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation