Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Got 1 year Smart trial offer and ended. 4 of my 5 cameras are showing to subscribe and is inactive?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PeteVermont
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a VMB5000 NA with a camera over a year ago. I got a 1 year trial offer with product. I took advantage of the offer. I already had 4 cameras so I was comfortable with adding a 5 camera. I do not want a subscription. 4 or my cameras are now inactive. I get the message:

"This Device is inactive. A paid Arlo Smart Subscription is required to activate the Device." I don't want a subscription. I go to my account and I do not have the option to cancel the trial  (since its over) nor the manage subscription  to cancel. I am told I do not have a subscription plan to cancel.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the other 4 cameras? Anything newer than a Pro 2 needs a sub for cloud recordings.

PeteVermont
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use local storage and have  1 vmc5040 (works ok) and 4 vac4030 where I get the inactive msg and need to subscribe. My understanding is I can have up to 5 cameras w/o a subscription requirement.  I prefer local storage. I don't need cloud storage.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PeteVermont wrote:

I use local storage and have  1 vmc5040 (works ok) and 4 vac4030 

Are the 4030s connect to your base station, or are they connected to your home wifi?  Local storage requires them to be connected to your base.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation