Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 4 Alro Ultras and 4 Arlo pros.  All cameras are recording as they should but when I hit  "play" to see a live view of the Arlo ultra cameras, it says connecting for a split second and immediately stops.  The "play" logo pops back up and I am not able to see a live view for the Ultra's.  They are recording correctly but it is impossible to get a live view.

The Arlo pro's connect without issue, also recording fine.

All software is up to date

I have ensured all cameras are "active" under my plan

I have rebooted the base stations

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app

All with no luck

Does anyone have ANY idea how I can live view these again?

I tried on the website under multiple browsers and it just times out.  I really want to be able to do live view on my phone however.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Socom2Fiend

We are here monitoring all the feedback. We are waiting for updates from the Development team at the moment.

This issue has been identified and a fix is coming soon. 

Thank you

121 REPLIES 121
Ahall2309
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever find a solution for this? I’m dealing with this same exact situation on all my Pro 3 cameras that are connected to my Smart Hub. The Pro 3’s I have connected via WiFi work just fine. 

msinclair
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, still waiting...

Temporary/imperfect fix is to turn off 2k/4k local streaming, or connect via cell not wifi.

Ahall2309
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I’m dealing with the same thing. Works fine when I turn WiFi off. 

very frustrating that it takes this long to resolve something especially when you pay so much for these cameras!

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

Apple's Home app can live stream cameras, although I doubt it's in 2K/4K.

chrisl0516
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having same isssue, i just update to apple latest iOS 16. Anyone updates ? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chrisl0516 wrote:

Im having same isssue, i just update to apple latest iOS 16. Anyone updates ? 

Do you have 2K/4K livestreaming enabled in the app?  If you do, try disabling it for now.

chrisl0516
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you that seemed to work, hopefully it gets fixed soon. 

Nate_W
Aspirant
Aspirant

No change with IOS 16 and new iPhone 14 Pro Max 😖

Digitalskill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem my Arlo 3 Pro 5 cameras refuse to live stream on the app on WiFi. I’ve done all the tech support suggestions and NOTHING fixes it. The cameras allow live stream using data/5g/cell tower signal. This just started happening out of nowhere has been fine for years on WiFi wife and I are very very annoyed we can’t monitor our kids properly anymore using iPhone 12 Pro Max current iOS up to date with latest Arlo app. Please fix this it’s ridiculous.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Digitalskill wrote:

I am having the same problem my Arlo 3 Pro 5 cameras refuse to live stream on the app on WiFi. I’ve done all the tech support suggestions and NOTHING fixes it. The cameras allow live stream using data/5g/cell tower signal. This just started happening out of nowhere has been fine for years on WiFi wife and I are very very annoyed we can’t monitor our kids properly anymore using iPhone 12 Pro Max current iOS up to date with latest Arlo app. Please fix this it’s ridiculous.

I'm thinking you have Pro 3 cameras?  The work around is to disable 2K livestreaming in the app.

Digitalskill
Aspirant
Aspirant

What would be the point of losing the value of 2k resolution when its worked for years till just recently?  I think Arlo as a company is really failing here...

Its not a viable thing to tell your customers to use super low resolution and not even be able to see much detail just to be able to live stream this is garbage.  Almost feels like planned obsolesce to me.

Fix it Arlo seriously this is unacceptable.  It worked flawless at 2k resolution on wifi for YEARS on the iOS app how does it just all of a sudden NOT WORK AFTER WORKING FOR YEARS STRAIGHT WITH NO PROBLEMS?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Digitalskill wrote:

Its not a viable thing to tell your customers to use super low resolution

You are not my customer, as I don't work for Arlo.  I am another user.  All agree Arlo needs to fix this (along with several other issues that have popped up over the last week that IMO have much worse consequences).

Right now the only option is to use 1080p for live streaming (which most would not call "super low").  That is the same resolution you get when away from home or when using my.arlo.com. 2K live streaming is only available in the app when connected to your home wifi.

jchappj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, however, I have twelve Ultras with two VMB5000 base stations, 6 on each. The cameras on r5 work fine, the cameras on r4 have the problem. I didn't read all 61 entries but maybe this is unique?

altacal
Tutor
Tutor

I have begun experiencing this same problem as of yesterday.

Arlo, this probelm was first reported over 6 months ago.  6 months!!  When will it be resolved?  We've spent a lot of money for these cameras and subscriptions, and we deserve to have them working properly, and to have reported problems fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

doncarajo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi. Add another one to the list. This started happening to me in the last 48h. I note that this issue was brought up a few months ago. No resolution?

altacal
Tutor
Tutor

ShayneS, any update yet?  This problem was first reported 6 months ago.  It seems like there should be some progress by now.

matchavez
Aspirant
Aspirant

So we all just get dumped in this lump of a thread? Is there not an update for this?

@ShayneS can we revert to a prior version of the app that actually worked?

Also, this seems fairly repeatable… gotta ask if this is part of your test suite. Basic functionality dropping isn't acceptable.

shungokusatsu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Facing the same issue with an Arlo Ultra 2 system. I have a number of different generation Arlo cameras all synced to the same hub and they all stream fine except my 3 cameras that use 4K. Like others it works fine if I disable 4K or switch to cellular.

I discovered another solution, albeit a painful one. While walking around my property I discovered I could stream fine in 4K on one side of the house but no where else. Turns out I was connected to a different SSID on the same network. Tested and confirmed new SSIDs work every time, but whatever SSID was connected to base during update seems to be busted. Less than ideal as a solution, but it has yet to fail.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shungokusatsu wrote:

Tested and confirmed new SSIDs work every time, but whatever SSID was connected to base during update seems to be busted. Less than ideal as a solution, but it has yet to fail.

Interesting that some SSIDs work and others don't.

But the base isn't using any of your SSIDs, since it is connected with ethernet and not wifi.  Is the base connected to the main router, or is it connected to an extender?

Socom2Fiend
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been having this problem the last month or so. Finally decided to google it and here everyone is. And this was reported 6 months ago and we haven’t heard anything?

As some stated in here, I can access my cameras by turning off my Wi-Fi (which I never had to do before). I recently changed my  ssid. Idk if that’s what causing this? I doubt it. 

Can we get an update because this is annoying. I’m disappointed this was brought up months ago and still no solution. Luckily I bought my cameras at Costco, so if we don’t hear anything soon, I’m returning them and switching to Ring. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Socom2Fiend wrote:

As some stated in here, I can access my cameras by turning off my Wi-Fi (which I never had to do before).

Do you have 2K/4K livestreaming enabled?

Socom2Fiend
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I have 2k enabled, just have to turn off Wi-Fi. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Socom2Fiend wrote:

Yeah I have 2k enabled, just have to turn off Wi-Fi. 

It's simpler to turn off 2K livestreaming (which only kicks in when you are on WiFi).

Socom2Fiend
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. This needs to be fixed asap! There’s no Arlo technician in here to give us updates ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Socom2Fiend

We are here monitoring all the feedback. We are waiting for updates from the Development team at the moment.

This issue has been identified and a fix is coming soon. 

Thank you