Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras not added to app

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ahmadre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have two Camera's were working perfectly, i added a Fortigate firewall to the network, since then i am not able to see them online, before that the recording was stopped too.

From the firewall there is nothing specific, everything seems fine and no drops, even i created a policy to bypass all the security check but didnt help.

I tried to add them again to the network, i went through the whole procedure, blue light, QR code etc, after that it keeps loading and does not success.

Even though after this failure, i do see in the logs that there are DNS and HTTP's traffic , the camera's have their own ip's too.

Connecting them to the WiFi router directly , works fine.

The question is , is there anything i am missing that i have to allow or compatibility issues?

5 REPLIES 5
DannyNL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to have exactly the same issue in regards to the combination Fortigate (60F) and Arlo. If someone has tips that could lead to solving this issue, it would be greatly appreciated!

Symptoms:

- Camera does not connect to App

- Camara does connect to WIFI

- Firewall (Fortigate 60F) show (accepted) traffic to various arlo sites over HTTPS

- App shows registration fails

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it filtering local connections?  Or only connections over the internet?

Are you using a base station?  Or are the cameras connected to local wifi?

ahmadre
Aspirant
Aspirant

No filtering connection over the internet, but i made an exception rule for the Arlo camera’s, no inspection at all, even though it didnt work.

suddenly when i called the provider who operates these cameras, they did remove them from the account and added them again, it worked!

but the problem happens when they suddenly disconnected and need to connect them again through the WiFi.

DannyNL
Aspirant
Aspirant

For analysis purposes, i've ensured that:

- the camera's are directly connected to the local network through a Wifi AP (firewall = DHCP, wifi AP is transparent/non-blocking).

- no blocking firewall rules for outgoing traffic

- explicitly allow all traffic outbound to 443/80

In the firewall logs it states a successful communication towards Arlo.

ahmadre
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea the same thing i have done, and it didnt work till i connected to the modem directly bypassing the firewall.

in the other hand, when using the firewall+AP everything seems passing correctly and no drops but the wifi connection does not work, it keeps loading till it times out and fails.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation