Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 4 Alro Ultras and 4 Arlo pros.  All cameras are recording as they should but when I hit  "play" to see a live view of the Arlo ultra cameras, it says connecting for a split second and immediately stops.  The "play" logo pops back up and I am not able to see a live view for the Ultra's.  They are recording correctly but it is impossible to get a live view.

The Arlo pro's connect without issue, also recording fine.

All software is up to date

I have ensured all cameras are "active" under my plan

I have rebooted the base stations

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app

All with no luck

Does anyone have ANY idea how I can live view these again?

I tried on the website under multiple browsers and it just times out.  I really want to be able to do live view on my phone however.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Socom2Fiend

We are here monitoring all the feedback. We are waiting for updates from the Development team at the moment.

This issue has been identified and a fix is coming soon. 

Thank you

121 REPLIES 121
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for reporting this issue. I was able to replicate this as well. I have notified the Arlo development team & I will provide an update as soon as I can.

Jan456MGT
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try log-in to the Arlo Web portal/Smart Home Security site using my account do I continuously get the message 'Time-out'.

The app works fine on the iPhone

Appreciate your help, thanks!!

Best regards, Jan

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried rebooting the computer, clearing cookies and cache for the Arlo site as well as using a different browser?  You can use a mobile browser when set to use the desktop version of the site.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Jan456MGT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

THANKS a lot, it works out using Chrome instead of Safari. For the time, this is OK for me 🙂

best regards, Jan

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Mine seem to be ok. 3 Ultras and 1 HD.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue with safari? When you try and live stream, Do you see the 3 dot/bubble animation for an extended period of time than an error message saying "The Request Timed Out - Okay"?

Also does your Arlo app flash when. pressing the "Play" button when trying to live stream on any given cameras?

Thank you

Jan456MGT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Yes still having the problem using Safari. I cannot get to the page with the 3 lines as it directly jumps to the screen with the popup message 'Request time out'

Best regards, Jan

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jan456MGT

Do you have an iOS device as well by chance? does this occur when trying to live stream within the Arlo app as well? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

does this issue still occur with the Arlo app v3.6?

Thanks 

Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Unfortunately yes. I have updated the app but still having the same issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Unfortunately yes. Just tested it again and same exact issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the latest version of the app installed? also, I was informed that a factory reset will resolve this issue with the live stream playback. 

Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes most recent version.

Like restarting the base station or I have to wipe everything, repair, and restart it all??
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dukenewcomb21

You can try to remove one of the cameras with the issue and re-install it to your base station, see if that helps. 

Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Unfortunately that still did not work. Obviously not your fault but is there a way to really push or escalate this issue? I have 4 Arlo pro cameras that were not cheap and I literally cannot look at the live views of them. They record which is good but at least half the camera functionality is worthless. I kept thinking a firmware update or app update would resolve the issue but it’s been going on a while now and still nothing. Please help.
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
The app is my main concern. That’s where I use the cameras 99% of the time. And I’ve done all the trouble shooting and still no resolution. I have an iPhone 12 plus and everything is up to date.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dukenewcomb21

Are you using local 4k live streaming by chance? If you are, can you switch it off and test the live stream again to see if it plays? 

Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
That seems to help it work more often than not, granted I’ve only tested it for 2 minutes. But doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having the ultra cameras?
Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well I just discovered if I disconnect from my home wifi all the cameras seem to stream just fine. This only applies to the ultras however. the older cameras work fine on both wifi and non. What could cause this? I deleted and reconnected cameras to the same wifi without issue. I have gig speed internet and high end modem and routers. So the wifi itself is perfect. You also mentioned you were able to replicate the issue so I’m just confused on what about wifi would only impact ultra cameras from live streaming. They still record just fine. And again the pros and other cameras don’t have the same issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dukenewcomb21

"That seems to help it work more often than not, granted I’ve only tested it for 2 minutes. But doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having the ultra cameras?"

Correct, I am trying to pin point what exactly is affecting this. I noticed when Switching off the Local 4k I could stream so I was checking in with you if that was the same result you experience. I am still communicating with the Dev team so we can resolve this ASAP. I will provide more info soon, 

ColoArtist
Star
Star

Same thing happening to my Ultras in my iOS app. They work if I switch off the WiFi connection. They also work if I turn off the 4K streaming option for each camera. Definitely related to 4K local streaming.

Ultras: H6 and H10

Hub firmware: 1.18.0.3_1197_dff4faf

App: Version 3.6 4 (3405), Released April 19, 2022

iPhone 13Pro running iOS 15.4.1

Dukenewcomb21
Apprentice
Apprentice
Glad I’m not crazy and the only one. That is the exact same scenario I am dealing with.

Deleting and re adding cameras did nothing either for the issue.