Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

For the past week or so, I can't live view any of my Ultra cameras. It just sits there spinning, saying "Connecting," but it never connects. I can live view my Pro2 cameras that are attached to the same base station from the app, and I can live view ALL of the cameras from my computer. This issue only seems to affect the Ultra cameras through the Arlo app.

I have restarted my phone and uninstalled/reinstalled the Arlo app with no change.  Any other ideas? I don't have an hour to spend on the phone or chat with tech support, so I'm hoping someone here might have a solution.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kammfam,

Is this on iOS or Android (what model and OS version)?

Do you see the same behavior regardless of how the device is connected to the internet (mobile data or WiFi connection)?

JamesC

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Android 9 on Samsung Galaxy S8.

I usually just use my data plan, but I just checked it using my home Wi-Fi, and it did the same thing.

texastwings
Aspirant
Aspirant
same to me both local and cellular not working on ultra. But some time it worked. Still take 10 secs to connect. But most of times it not work
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, mine is still not working either. Still can connect just fine to my Pro2 cameras through the app, just not the Ultras. 

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

So I was talking to support this morning trying to troubleshoot this and a few other problems, and after logging out and back into the app a few times, suddenly they all connect now. I have no idea why that worked, or why it took 3+ times of logging out/in, but it's good now!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation