Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
JamesP72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I recently got an Arlo Ultra 3 camera system and am having some issues. I went to the video settings screen for 2 of my cameras, one the HDR setting and the other the video mode. As soon as the setting changed, the view of the video feed shows only the corner of the *real* video feed as if it's been zoomed and panned. If I view the live feed of the camera or a recording the video looks fine, but on the settings screen for these two cameras I can only see a part of the feed. Zooming or panning no longer works.

This means I can no longer set activity zones etc for those cameras.

The issue persists between the phone and web app including when I reinstall/clear cache etc. I have tried restarting my base station, to no effect. Changing the settings back to default has no effect.
Does anyone have a resolution to this issue? In other posts I have read that toggling auto zoom on and off (it is currently off) can fix similar issues, but this does not work for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try taking a snapshot?

J-Boy20
Guide
Guide

Hey did you figure out your problem? I am having the same issue where my camera would zoom to the left side of the screen and when you uncheck or turn off "Local Live 4k Streaming" it would then go back to normal. I believe this is affecting my Zone Activity causing false motion. My cameras and basestation is on the latest firmware. I'm thinking the last update is screwing the camera settings....

JamesP72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately no, taking snapshots and other things and power cycling the cameras has not fixed this issue. I'm going to try and get in touch with arlo support.

J-Boy20
Guide
Guide
Yeah I’m still waiting for them to contact me about the issue. I’m a very tech savvy guy so every time I explain this issue to Arlo’s support they continue to ask the basic question of did you try to reboot it, is your firmware updated, did you try and resync it, what firmware are you on, etc... it’s like I tried everything literally and they don’t listen. How about testing your product before rushing to launch one. Please let me know what your outcome is and I’ll do the same.
Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
I also have this issue after the 12/4 update. I had my camera plugged in, and motion would trigger constantly after dark. I moved the camera(it is my only Ultra) to another base and left it unplugged. It is working fine, though as above, I get a funny zoomed in picture when I try to set up an activity Zone. I don't want to call support, because they will ask me all the questions. I just want to know when they have sent out a fix for an obvious issue, or if they come up with a work around.
Wimmus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue started today when I wanted to finetune the settings. Brand new set purchased and installed yesterday. In the beginning of these evening there seemed to be no issue. Now nothing helps to solve the problem. Firmware etc. up to date. Arlo assistance is required I suppose.

Wimmus
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro cameras appear to have no problems.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The issues being reported here have been escalated to the development team and are currently being investigated. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

pharmdjt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this same issue, the activity. I attached a pic of the live view, and a view when trying to setup the activity zone (zoomed into the left corner). 

Yes, I have restarted the Hub, updated the firmware, disconnected and reconnected the cameras and followed all other instructions I can find with this issue. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 10.02.52 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-12-09 at 10.03.24 PM.jpg

Wimmus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Do you have any update about the issue? It is getting a bit annoying that the camera starts on all movements now I cannot set activity zones. The latest update did not bring any solution unfortunately.

Wimmus

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The major issues being discussed in this thread have been resolved with the most recent Ultra Camera and SmartHub firmware updates. Please check here to make sure your systems automatically updated to the latest versions:

Arlo Ultra VMC5040 - 1.070.50.2_205_0c7c8e1 - 19th December 2019

Arlo SmartHub VMB5000 - 1.15.0.4_297_aa40f04 - 18th December 2019

If you're having a different issue, please open a new thread here in the community, reach out to me in a private message directly or contact support to further investigate: Arlo Support Team

A big thanks to the community for helping our engineering team troubleshoot these issues and thank you for your patience while we worked to release these updates.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation