Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

why dosent the Alarm go off when someone takes down the camera?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brok
Follower
Follower

Hello , why dosent the Alarm go off when someone takes down the camera? I dont even get an warning on the app ....

3 REPLIES 3
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was thinking the same thing when shopping for a tether for my Ultras last weekend.  I know some people wouldn't like it since it would probably require you to make sure the system is disarmed before taking them down yourself but I think this would be an awesome feature that could be turned on or off the the end user. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The siren can be triggered manually using the Arlo mobile app or through rules when motion is detected. For more information on how to configure the siren, take a look here: 

How do I turn the siren on my Arlo Ultra or Arlo Pro 3 camera on or off?

How do I create a rule that includes a siren trigger?

JamesC

RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I'm familiar with that function.  The point of this thread was for the alarm to sound when the camera is being stolen.  Obviously I wouldn't know to go in the settings at that point and sound the alarm.  I check the alerts throughout the day but can't possible check on them all and if the alarm were to sound when the camera is being moved while being armed, that would be an awesome feature. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation