Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Introducing Arlo Ultra - FAQ & Resources

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ultra.PNG

Protection Perfected

Arlo Ultra 4K wire-free security camera delivers the ultimate peace of mind with advanced video and audio quality. Easy to install, the camera displays a wider, panoramic view with enhanced, color night vision. The integrated spotlight lights up the night or helps to ward off unwanted visitors. Advanced noise cancelling technology also minimizes background noise for crystal clear, two-way conversations. Easily connect to other smart home devices with the included Arlo SmartHub. Arlo Ultra Systems also includes 1 year of Arlo Smart Premier service.

Ultra Features.png

For more information about your Arlo Ultra System, and some other helpful resources, check out these articles below:

If you have any questions about the Arlo Ultra System, post down below and we'll get to each one as soon as we can. If you need any more help on your Arlo Ultra System, visit Arlo Support for more articles and resources.

Buy your Arlo Ultra System now on Amazon and Best Buy.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

61 REPLIES 61
KarenC
Guide
Guide

My new Arlo Ultra came today. I have been a happy Arlo user since inception, progressing through original, Pro, Pro 2 and now Ultra. I saw there were some early hiccups with Ultra, so any advice before I get started converting over?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KarenC,

New firmware that is now available resolved many of the issues you may have read about and has improved the overall experienced. Setup should go just as smoothly as the rest of your Arlo systems. Please let me know if you experience any issues. I'd be glad to help.

JamesC

KarenC
Guide
Guide
Thank you James, quick question, I currently have 14 cameras, some of which I am retiring. I have camera hardware H3 and H7. I can’t find anywhere that says what model ties to what hardware number. Can you tell me which are what?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KarenC,

The sticker inside the battery compartment should indicate the model.

JamesC

KarenC
Guide
Guide

James, 

I was able to pair my Ultra cameras to my new smart base, but it is not finding any of my other cameras even though I unpaired from my Pro base and removed pro base from devices.  How do I get smart base to find Arlo Pro 2 cameras?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KarenC,

Are you adding the cameras to the SmartHub the same way that you added the Ultra cameras (except selecting pro instead of Ultra in the app)? At what point do you experience the failed sync? What is the LED behavior on the camera?

JamesC

KarenC
Guide
Guide

James, 

I got it to work, for some of the older cameras it took a long sync push and several tries to finally get it syncing.  It’s frustrating that it searches for base firmwear update every camera add, even though I don’t log out of app.  

eddanis
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC 

Can these articles be updated with relative information for the Ultra and it's 4K resolution?

https://kb.arlo.com/3202/How-much-bandwidth-and-storage-space-do-Arlo-videos-use

https://kb.arlo.com/3201/How-much-bandwidth-does-an-Arlo-camera-use-when-it-is-capturing-video

Related, have you considered making a bandwidth calculator for adding multiple cameras and mixing and matching camera models and video resolutions?  It would be handy, especially for larger installations (businesses).

Also, when will Ultra accessories be available to purchase?  Mainly the Outdoor Power Cable and Outdoor Security Mounts?

Thanks, Ed

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

eddanis,

Thanks for the feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve these articles.

For Arlo Ultra bandwidth requirements, take a look here: What is the minimum upload bandwidth speed required for Arlo Ultra?

Availability information for Ultra accessories can be found on amazon.com or your local retailer.

JamesC

RonMoore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Right now I have the Arlo Pro with 3 cameras and the baby monitor. Do the Ultra cameras work with the Pro base station? Or would I need to upgrade the base station in order to used the Ultra cameras?

Just curious how all the devices work with each other.

KarenC
Guide
Guide
They do, but there are some features that come on the new Smart base that you wouldn’t have.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RonMoore,

The Ultra cameras will not sync with your existing Pro base station. You will need a SmartHub for the Ultra camera. As KarenC mentions, there are many benefits to using a SmartHub over your existing Pro base station.

For more information on this, take a look here: Is Arlo Ultra backwards compatible with my existing Arlo system?

JamesC

RonMoore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great, thank you for the link. I had been looking around for that and just didn't see it

Thank again!

Ronnie4946
Guide
Guide

Hello James, I have a pro base and 3 cameras and just added an Ultra smart base and single camera to my network. I have both bases plugged in and they seem to operate just as they are supposed to. I like the indoor siren on the pro so I'm keeping it in line with the Ultra, and the Arlo app sees them both. Three cameras with the pro and one with the Ultra. Would my pro cameras get any of the Ultra features if I pair them to the Ultra base  (Tracking and zoom)  or should I keep them paired with the pro base to keep the siren?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras have different hardware so there's no way to get Ultra features out of a Pro series camera. Keeping them on the existing base is fine unless you want to simplify your setup.

KiwiSeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem. It won’t recognize one camera. I’ve gone round in circles for 4 hours with no luck. Very time consuming and disappointing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KiwiSeb,

When you say, "it won't recognize one camera", can you be more specific with what you're experiencing?

Do you have the camera synced but you're seeing an offline message? Or are you trying to add the camera and it's not being discovered? What LED behaviors are you seeing on the camera?

JamesC

Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
My understanding is that the arlo ultras only work with the ultra smart hub but also if you do get that smart hub all past cameras I believe can work with the hub
Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
Just know if you buy the Arlo Ultra 4 pack cameras that come with the smart premier plan for a free year you can purchase the pvr but you can’t purchase them on a month to month bases. I went through 3 levels of support to be told that because of the free year I have to purchase the pvr up front for the year. Once you pay for the year plan then my understanding is you can pay month to month. Something I ran into.
lhwoods
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any advice on getting night vision to work on the Arlo Ultra cameras? I have 4 installed outside and my night vision recordings, including live view, are very blurry and impossible to make out features such as fencing/railing/trees etc. in the yard only about 10ft from the camera, this is without the spotlight.  When the spotlight illuminates, it is even blacker and nothing can be seen except for the slightest distant light.

Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
I’m to assume you toggled the night vision on as I remember that’s on standard. Have you played with your settings? Also see about any rain or things on your lens and debris or water marks.
Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
My back porch camera seems to keep detecting all the way to the street in front of my house. I have changed activity zones over and over. I turned off the smart notifications all but just people and the camera still sees cars and and when I check my cameras there will be a video there. I don’t know what to do I have played with every setting I can think of any one can help please let me know thanks. One more thing my one camera in the back isn’t alerting me to any notifications.
n11
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Kelso198325 wrote:
My back porch camera seems to keep detecting all the way to the street in front of my house...………..
Could it be alerting to sound? That setting is under Mode/(name of hub)/Armed/Edit mode/Rules. I think I have that route about right.
Kelso198325
Guide
Guide
I checked your route was correct but there only to detect motion no audio and record.