Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra recording length

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
philwinter
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey everyone, I have noticed that when I set the recording settings to record until motion is no longer detected, the camera only record for 15-20 seconds even if there is still motion and then starts a new recording. This results in so many short videos of a single event instead of one video that captures everything which is what the setting description implies should happen.

I have also tried different motion sensitivity settings and get the same outcome.

Is this an ongoing issue or is there a work around?

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera has to detect motion, not your eye. Speed, distance and direction of motion all gets in there. You can manually test this by moving through the FOV to determine where motion stops being detected as well as how long motion can stop before recording stops (my tests indicated ~5 seconds).

Otherwise, using a timed recording is likely the best answer.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Don't think mine follow the 5 sec test.  I've had mine stop during non stop motion, even me working in my flowers right in front of a camera.  Left it activated just to see what got recorded and what I got was what was described, a series of recordings.  Did the timed recording for 4 months but with the current issues there seems to be recording problems when a series of cams are triggered, say a car or even a person triggers 3 cams in a row.  My experience anyway.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation