Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
yrsheed
Follower
Follower

Hey, I used to live in the US  and I bought 2 ultra cameras before I live, Im using it now in Saudi Arabia .. it works perfectly but when I want to subscribe plan nothing comes up, how may I store it in cloud? Ive been trying with the phone and the website but no plans comes in the page at all. I only can see that I have 2 cameras 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yrsheed wrote:

Hey, I used to live in the US  and I bought 2 ultra cameras before I live, Im using it now in Saudi Arabia .. it works perfectly but when I want to subscribe plan nothing comes up, how may I store it in cloud? Ive been trying with the phone and the website but no plans comes in the page at all. I only can see that I have 2 cameras 

Unfortunately subscriptions aren't available in Saudi Arabia - https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

You might be able to overcome that with a VPN service that terminates in the US.  The other option is to use direct access to local storage (which doesn't require a subscription).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@yrsheed wrote:

Unfortunately subscriptions aren't available in Saudi Arabia - https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

You might be able to overcome that with a VPN service that terminates in the US.  The other option is to use direct access to local storage (which doesn't require a subscription).

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:
The other option is to use direct access to local storage (which doesn't require a subscription).

On which:

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
NatureF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also encountered the same problem.  I purchased a VMS5440 Arlo Ultra 4 cam kit set from US and deploy it in Hong Kong.  I could not find the 1-year free subscription option activated, I can only see the option to enroll new Arlo Smart or CVR plans.  

How can I get my 1-year subscription back? 😞

Can someone please give a hand?

NatureF
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC @JessicaP
Could you please give a hand?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@NatureF wrote:

I also encountered the same problem.  I purchased a VMS5440 Arlo Ultra 4 cam kit set from US and deploy it in Hong Kong.  I could not find the 1-year free subscription option activated, I can only see the option to enroll new Arlo Smart or CVR plans.  

The bundled year is not transferable.

Here is the official response from @JamesC, in the middle of a discussion about the same thing:

Solved: Re: Arlo Ultra - Smart Plan - Arlo Communities

The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased.

By the way, you have jumped on to the end of (hijacked) a discussion started by someone else on a different topic. For customised help, start you own discussion. That is more likely to get the attention of the Arlo team, which may well consider this one "solved".

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation