Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Green and pixilated recordings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JasonFarque
Follower
Follower

I recently upgrading from Arlo Pro which I was reasonably happy with to Arlo Ultra and it's not been a good experience. Several of my cameras are nearly unusable due to constant green/pixelated recordings (screenshot attached). The worst one is hardware H6 with firmware 1.070.50.6_231_6e7e184. I have cameras with hardware versions H6-H10 in my system, my subscription is

Arlo Smart Elite Multi Camera with a total of 8 cameras for about $22.50/month.

I see a lot of people are having similar issues but I don't see any solutions posted. Now I see the "Ultra 2" which has 'better wifi range' and '2.4GHz/5GHz switching'. It's only been a few weeks since I spent $2,000.00 upgrading to Ultra to I cannot upgrade.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Dg74
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not getting green images but get recordings that I can’t see at all yet minutes later or earlier (no alterations to settings in between) I can see recordings no problem - really odd & frustrating! Makes me wonder if there aren’t fundamental issues on their network?
Dg74
Aspirant
Aspirant
& here’s what I see when I click on the white preview in the library
ab21au
Guide
Guide

I occasionally get green images. I assumed it was when the camera lost WiFi or my router was down.   Thankfully it doesn’t happen very often. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JasonFarque

Thanks for letting us know, After reviewing your screenshot & camera signal, it appears your Driveway & Front Porch camera are operating with a weak signal (1Bar). If you are able to move the SmartHub a little closer to these cameras your issue should go away.

the environment/wifi interference & construction of buildings can affect the signal strength. I have provided more info here: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation