Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grainy Video Help

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Corymiiller
Tutor
Tutor

SO, I was able to catch someone walking around my yard on camera. The video is a bit grainy but is recorded in 4K. Does anyone know any software that I could use to clean the video up to hopefully get an idea what this person was carrying or doing? I was able to see a LOT more on the video adjusting some of the contrast and saturation but just curious if there is a software people have used before to clear the videos up, etc. Video attached via dropbox as Arlo does not support attachments of video (??huh??). Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks Arlo Community. 

1 REPLY 1
Arloultra
Luminary
Luminary

Not aware of any SW that can clean up the footage. The problem is the lack of lighting, shifting pixels, and super compression with the codec. A good spotlight would help tremendously but if the subject is not right in front of the camera, it's still a long shot to have good facial recognition(frame rate too slow). It appears the kid is filming with a cell phone and then realizes he's on candid camera. 🙂 Or he's "live viewing" the stream on his cell to "test" the system!  

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation