Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good evening everyone!

Over the last couple weeks, more and more of my cloud library recordings have a lot of solid gray color on them. I still receive the correct smart notifications on my Lock Screen. Additionally, sometimes the recording will go from working to almost solid gray screen. Or other times it’ll start in an almost solid gray screen and go to working again. This happens in my clips that pick up motion. It happens to both my Ultra cameras, but never at the same time.

This has happened in the past too but went away.

Anyone else experience this issue before?

Thanks,
Jonathan

57 REPLIES 57
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

bgonzo1994
Tutor
Tutor

Its honestly about time.  People have been complaining about this issue for weeks if not months....  still never received any reply to my support inquiry from over a week ago.

Arlo support is a disaster. 

bgonzo1994
Tutor
Tutor

Hi everyone!

Received an email today after speaking with Level 2 arlo support yesterday and sending them a bunch of pictures using different browsers and devices of the issues. 

The email states that there will be an update deployed today that SHOULD resolve the issue.  Be sure to update when its available and report back 🙂 

TheHUTMan
Tutor
Tutor

Good to hear. Hopefully this update fixes this problem and doesn't introduce others.  Hopefully.

TheHUTMan
Tutor
Tutor

Well, it's been a few days now - no firmware updates received on my end (for either the base or cameras).  HOWEVER, all of my thumbnails are now working as expected.  So far, for me at least, it appears to be working.  Before this, I usually had around 25% of my images corrupted. Now I haven't had a one corrupt image since Oct 1st.  Fingers crossed.

bgonzo1994
Tutor
Tutor
Your very correct! No updates on our end so I wonder if it was a server side update on there end that was distorting the thumbnail and preview images?

But so far since the first I have had only ONE corrupt image. Before I was at a rate of around 75% corrupted preview and thumbnail images.

I messaged support to find out how this “update” was coming but I’m assuming it was strictly on there end as we all assumed it was Arlos fault.
bgonzo1994
Tutor
Tutor
I have also had much better motion detection as far the camera differentiating from person vehicle animal etc
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If anyone is still experiencing this issue from their library recordings, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.