Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice

My camera discharges and shuts down even tho plugged in to constant power, temperature gets around +3 and camera dies!
Then i cant get it back to working state unless i remove it from the hub and reconnect it!
And it happens every other day as in UK temps are around 0 celsius now ! Any solutions ?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the battery installed? AC power may stop charging at 0C but the battery would keep it working.

Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Battery installed! It discharges in like hour or less once it stop taking power!
Why would ac power stop charging at 0 if its inside home in warm
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's 0C inside? Outdoor temps have no bearing on indoor cameras - it's all about the actual camera/battery temps. It sounds like you may have a hardware issue but first I'd remove and reinstall the camera as well as check the AC power connection. You should see the battery icon with a lightning bolt for starters.

Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have this camera there for months with no issues .. lightning symbol always in there . Like i said in first place that i did remove and reinstall camera multiple times already. Nothing wrong with ac power!
Its the low temps that disconnects camera
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Jankovichs,

Try referring to this article to see if this might help you: How do I keep my Arlo batteries charged in cold weather?

If you're still having problems where you still need to re-onboard your camera multiple times and still shuts down, contact the Support Team to help you further. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation