Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording Delay? Wife enters driveway but records when she stops and gets out?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Jasmel2611
Tutor
Tutor

Whats with the delay in recording on this camera, you pay a premimum price and try and buy the best to find it dosent stack up with other cameras. My wife enters the driveway and its not until she stops and gets out thsat the camera records. We have have many series of the Arlo cameras surley this is a problem that should have been fixed by now !!!!!!

How can this be resloved and someone could run up the drive and smash the front door down and i won't know as the camera wou;dnt have started redcording yet.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a camera positioning and/or motion sensitivity issue. Post a screenshot of the camera view and a link to a video so we can see. Read the FAQs here on best camera positioning (motion across the FOV, not at the camera) as well as how to create and modify modes and rules to customize the settings as you need.

Jasmel2611
Tutor
Tutor

i have read 1000 post and watched 100,s of you tube videos and reviews and it all points to one thing....these over priced cameras are a waste of money, now one of my cameras wont record or notify me of movement...and its my front door camera i can tap into it live and view it but no notifications or recording. Once again read posts and watch videos and it seem i have to spend heaps of time and frustration trying to fix the issue, these camera have been out for ages and are suppose to be the best model WHY !!!!! is this happening, if it was Apple they would be straight onto it as they no bad reviews cost sales...but reading post it seem like the onus is on the customer to prove to Arlo there is an issue......HELLO all these customers cant be wrong. So i'll delete the camera and try re-installing it on the base station and perhaps delete the App and re-install it.....but if this fails to resolve the problem.....IM GOING TO GO POSTAL.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you tried what Jguerdat  suggested? I have Pro3 and they work fine in the right position. It did take some adjustments. 

Jasmel2611
Tutor
Tutor

i

'ill give it a go but really for the money and this is series 4 in the camera modles it should record the instant it detects something.

Jasmel2611
Tutor
Tutor

i deleted the camera and re-installed it and the App and the camera was prefroming the way it should.....but 2 days later its back to detecfting but not recording......it sounds like the pro 2 cameras where the best in the series.

i have friends that have purchased 2 other brands and not one issue to mention since installing.....why cant this company get it right especially when there trying yo get you to subscribe. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jasmel2611,

If you're still experiencing recording delay, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation